Saturday 22 April 2017

A Sunny Saturday Day



A Sunny Saturday Day ©
By Michael Casey

Well both the girls are out, one with friends in town and then back to visit here friend’s dog, a soppy Rottweiler, while the other went to town to have her makeup done by a gay friend of the wife’s. He works in one of the top department stores I believe, so my big daughter had her face done.
Now she has gone out with one of her friends to another’s Birthday party, like any dad I advised them to stay safe. It’s ok I do kick boxing said the friend instantly growing in my estimation. Though my big daughter has started reading up on all things medical, so she probably knows the places to really hurt anybody.

A dad has to be reassured when his girls go out, ask any dad the world over if you don’t believe me. I’ll be really relaxed when she gets a gay ex-navy seal as a best friend, she does have a great gay friend already, perhaps I should give him the Complete Bruce Lee video collection as a Christmas present.
We went to see another house today, I thought it would be a NO, but once we had a look around, it became as YES, and I told the wife to put in an offer. So we did and went home happy, the Polish builder will be back in Birmingham after his Easter holidays tomorrow. So he’d give it the once over for us. The specs and the online info was not very good, once we had a look around and decided who would have which room we decided to put an offer in.

An hour later even though it was only 4% less than asking price, it was rejected. It was the vendor’s first offer. So being Chinese we say, if you get better then take it, what we offer is what we offer. If you don’t get better then get back to us. Our attitude is if it is ours then it is ours, very ying and wang if I get my metaphors right. If Ying and Wang put a better offer in they can have it.

There has only been one place that we really loved. All other properties were just possibilities. Today’s was nice and to be honest the brother of the owner is sound you could have a pint with him, they are a family of a former publican after all. But buying a house is a serious business you have to stay on budget, or if you are Chinese under budget. So not unless the lottery gives me the 4% we’ll continue our quest for a home. 

Though today was great because we even had a spot for the dog and his basket, but God is good, so with God’s help and two Policemen our new home will turn up. Or I might die and then the wife gets to spent the insurance money too. See a Silver Lining in every situation.

I’ve been having a look at the newspapers and spotted Chelsea Clinton, she’s going to run for Office in USA. God help us is all I say, family dynasties are a bad thing in politics, it’s like the Kings in England, and the Droit du seigneur  though I mean in regard to Kings knowing best as opposed to Kings knowing in the Biblical sense. No name, no family has the right to take over a country, if your politics descend that low you are back to gangsters and bootleggers, or wasn’t that how one famous family started  in USA? Ouch.

Well I may read more of the Press later on, now I’m being hunted out to buy eggs from the Polish shop. Then I may catch up with Dr. Who but the spell has been broken as the Christmas edition was so bad, which is sad as the present Dr. Who wanted the part since his childhood. However some of the scripts were just pants, as in bad.

Ok, I’m finished for today, cross those fingers for tonight’s lottery or buy 10,000 ebooks then I’d give your money towards buying today’s house,  and I may even get a free pint from the nice son of a publican.




No comments:

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996 one of her friends is 99 now another died at 99 a third is in t...