Friday 3 March 2017

When You Die I'm Gonna Have



When You Die I’m Gonna Have©
By Michael Casey

Siblings argue, they always do, look at your own family, look out the window at the neighbours over the road. Look North, look South, look East, look West, stop looking at your navel, look around you. Look high into the sky and look in the gutter whether or not there are stars there.

I’m gonna have your room the biggest room when you die, and I’m gonna throw your stuff in a skip and get it carted away like rubbish. I hate you, I hate you, I really hate you. The door is slammed to punctuate the sentence, I hate you!
I’m going to burn your stuff so there will be no trace of it. I’d cremate you and flush the ashes down the toilet, so I could pooh on you every single day. Yes that’s what I’m gonna do, I’ll be glad when you are gone. No stink of you about the house, you will be gone gone gone.

Then when the cancer struck, then when the cancer struck, then when the cancer struck, he still told her he hated her, he still told her he hated her. It would be wrong to change his tune, it would be wrong to change his tune. And yet, she loved him even more, and yet she loved him even more. This is the way they were, this is the way they were.

I’m having an operation tomorrow, good I hope you die, I’ll start moving your stuff out of your room. That night he realised he’d have nobody to argue with, he’d have nobody to love, he’d have nobody to help him with his homework. How could he say he loved his sister, how could he say he really loved her to bits, how could he say he’d be heartbroken, that his life would be over without her.

He went on Facebook and got 10,000 people praying for her, every denomination none. He pretended he was Christian and Jewish and Buddhist and Pagan, every Faith and anything that believed in one God or had some form of belief, he just went through a list he found on Wikipedia asking and begging for prayers for his sister. 

He demanded that God saved his sister, he offered to take and accept all and any pain his sister might have, just let him carry any cross for her, just save his sister because he hated her. But that was normal she was a big sister after all.
Then exhausted he slumped down in front of his computer, the tears came down the tears came down, just pray for my sister will ya, she’s gonna die but somebody out there must be good with prayers, just pray for my sister. Sure I hate my sister because she is my big sister after all, but but but really I do LOVE her, honest to God I love her, please save her.

The boy had knocked a button on his computer his pleas had been steamed all over FaceBook, the 10,000 became 100,000 and then it was picked up on local tv. By the morning 2,000,000 were praying and hoping for his sister,  lots of boys who hated their big sisters were praying too. You couldn’t live without your big sister could you.

I still hate you even though you survived the operation, don’t think I’m going soft said the boy to his big sister as she watched the tv news, in total 10,000,000 had joined the prayer chain.

I know you hate me and always will said the sister, and I don’t want it any other way, you hate me10,000,000 times over. And then they cried together, tears of joy and hope and LOVE.







No comments:

A Korean in BIRMINGHAM travelling. something to read for you books of mine in Korean

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...