Tuesday 14 March 2017

Twin Poems for All

Twin Poems for All

I wrote the 1st poem in Nov 1987 on a Sunday on the bus going to work, it's Percy from The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker talking about his vocation. It became part of the comic novel.

The 2nd poem I wrote while I worked at Pinsent Masons Law Firm, just in the print room. I used to hide in Saint Phillips Cathedral during my lunch break, ok I prayed sometimes during those 3 years. Between 2006 and 2009, before my health started to go down hill.
Anyways the poem came to me. So that's thebackground.

You can all pray for health, and as its Saint Patrick's Day on Friday don't forget to dance  a jig or two and have beer or three.

The Dead and The Living ©

by

Michael Casey


I first saw a deceased when I was nine years old ,my father said not

to worry as the dead are the same as the living , only the laughter

has left them , the sparkle has gone from their eyes , the worry has

been lifted from their shoulders , and their voice has vanished to

eternity .

In paradise the sparkle will return for it is the twinkle of the

stars , the laughter will return too for it is the morning breeze and

the turning tides are their sides shaking with laughter .

I treat the deceased with the same courtesy as I give to the living ,

though I find the deceased are always more polite . My father also

had a few words to say about the living .

He said that the living are only the caretakers of the soul , yet

they think their existence is everything , that they know everything

because they experience many things with their senses .

What the living don't acknowledge is that their time is short and

when I lay their bodies to rest then their souls continue without

them, without their strong , without their weak , without their

beautiful or even ugly temporary form , to where I cannot say , only

that it is a better place .

Percy the undertaker placed the lid on the coffin,the soul was free


THE BEGINNING



Let There Be Light ©

By Michael Casey

Let my tears be my words

Let the candle light be my eyes

Let the flowers in bloom be my lips

Let their scent be my blood

Let the wind be my breath

Let clouds be my mood

Let children’s laughter be my hope

Let widows’ sighs be my conscience

Let a stranger’s prayers be my delight

Let the bees be my wisdom

Let the trees be my strength

Let my patience reach to the stars

Let me be always remembered in your prayers









No comments:

A Korean in BIRMINGHAM travelling. something to read for you books of mine in Korean

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...