Monday 6 July 2020

Far Fetched Readers again

on Wordpress from Mexico to Korea

here on Blogger Peru to Russia, Poland, Germany, India

just some of my readers in past 24 hours or so

were you trying to avoid Trump  and his parades?

If folks in USA don't get off the couch

then Trump will win again

then the anarchy will really hit the fan

I saw on tv a older women talking to a SKY news reporter

The woman was so angry and raging

why

Because she does not like face masks

why

because they are a political expression

TO THE REST OF THE WORLD THIS IS PLAIN MAD

just as Trump, the T word is

A mask will help save your life

Freedom to Jwalk into disease is a freedom

But who wants to die or be sick?

So wear a MASK EVERYBODY OR KEEP YOUR DISTANCE

listen to science not fake presidents

all our mothers taught us Coughs and Sneezes spread diseases

Common Sense will save your life and your friends and families' lives

Or you could just party like an Animal

But enough of Trump for now

Back here in sunny Birmingam I am sat here with a cup of tea

2 coffees then a cup of tea for variety

My own pains seem to have lifted

But 7 years of random pain is no fun

But the sun shining is a free gift from God

Cure for Tinnitus is my most wanted desire

Daytime is acceptable, but at night

The hissing is like a serpent, without temptation nor apples

Now before I forget, The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker

is being read by tens of thousands of you via my sites

nobody buys a copy in my original English on Amazon

But one day I'll finally get recognition and reward

ok, I won't I'll probably did first

However why does it work worldwide

Its about family, friends, community and loads of LAUGHS

it does start slowly as I introduced the Cast

But so long as you are not a quick fix American refusing to wear a mask

then you will enjoy it, even your priest too, tell him chapter 7 is for priests

And For Your Penance

maybe Don Camillo influenced me as I wrote it

read Don Camillo too

and that's your lot for now, I may write a new piece later

But there are 1000s of pieces to read on my 3 Blogger sites

here's something from 20 years ago



Nov99 Michael G Casey email michaelgcasey@hotmail.com


                     Literary Criticism  (c)


                           By

                     
                      Michael  Casey


       I always thought I was a good writer, people told me so, and it
was what I wanted to hear ,  so naturally I believed it .  That was until
Jee  Ji  came  to live with me .  She told me she'd read my stuff ,  my
"rubbish" and give an opinion , her uncles were influential , so perhaps ,
or just maybe they could help me get published or even produced . Then the
world would be my oyster , however I had forgotten one fundamental thing .
Jee Ji was Chinese, her English still had a long way to go , and besides
which  would  British humour travel as far as China ,  or as  far  as  her
Chinese brain?

       So naturally I gave her my funniest story to read first, the true
yet surreally funny Czech story ,  and what did she say ? "Its boring", if
she had been a man or one of the lads from work I'd have punched her ,  or
at  the very least called her an "ignorant bastard".  But because I loved
her , I took the criticism like a man and smiled , and that was a revelation
in itself , why ? Because I had found somebody whom I respected enough not
to curse at when the hated my work ,  my stuff ,  my "rubbish" . Love is a
strange  thing ,  making you smile ,  instead of curse .  So it at least
proved  how  much I loved her ,  I had told her that my  stories  were  my
children  ,  the product of my love ,  the only thing with meaning  in  my
life ,  with value in my life .  Until true love came along in the form of
Jee Ji herself
.  So now we could discuss things, with love in our eyes,
and my writing was , what it really was , just words on paper. Perhaps
someday my simple words would really have great value , but now I realized
what they were - words ,  just words , perhaps never to have any meaning ,
except to me alone .  In the Bible it begins with "In the beginning there
was The Word" , and after that we have the Bible itself , and the rest is
History.  So perhaps my humble words would have a beginning, and perhaps
my  future words would have history too ,  obviously not as great  as  The
Bible  ,  but I still dream that someday my words will have an  effect  on
people . I don't want to move mountains, just make people laugh, that's
enough for me .  However humour is a funny thing, I cannot tell a joke to
save  my  life but somehow when I put words on paper I  can  make  people
smile  and  even laugh .  When I'm really relaxed and down the pub I can
actually make people cry with laughter , and I don't know why , the tears
of laughter just flow ,  so perhaps when I write I should just relax  and
pretend  I'm down the pub and most of all ,  just don't try to be funny  ,
just let the laughter flow naturally .

       So much for the theory, the practice is that you write for  years
and nobody pays a blind bit of notice  , then you write one thing and hey
presto you are recognized as a "writer" ,  well in your office at any rate
.  So you are suddenly "world famous" to a group of friends, if you are
lucky  30 friends ,  that's just how "world famous" I became .  Offer any
other  pieces  of  your "literature" and you are treated like  a  leper  ,
"Unclean ,  Unclean" people almost say .  I did get one real fan, and I
fell  in love with her ,  only she didn't fall in love with me  ,  as  she
repeatedly said .  However I did make a friend for life ,  which is better
than nothing . And I'm use to nothing, so that can't be bad .

        Jee Ji  revealed her uncle's connections  ,  after  I'd  already
guessed , I was happy but not overwhelmed . I had a play accepted 12 years
ago  ,  only it did not happen ,  so I've given up believing I'd  ever  be
acknowledged  as a writer long ago .  If a miracle happens and her family
decides to help me then that's wonderful ,  but I have her love and love is
the greatest gift of all , so I'm more than happy . World recognition as a
writer  will never happen ,  not unless my mother who makes tea in  Heaven
pulls lots of strings for me , having said that she sent Jee Ji so perhaps
helping me find my true vocation is next on my mother's list . "Blessed is
he who expects nothing" , so perhaps before I die I will be blessed , and
become a writer .

        So that's how Jee Ji has become my literary critic, if I get 100
out of 100 she will pass on my work to her uncle , but she is the filter .
This makes me smile and is the ultimate irony,  because her  English  is
very good ,  though her verbalizing is not as good as what's in her head ,
and  she still has to look words up in her electronic dictionary  .  So I
have a Chinese literary critic , who is still learning English !

        So I gave her another piece to read, it was "Its all in the Stars"
a  comedy  based  on  me and Louise .  This made her laugh and smile,
occasionally  Jee  Ji would look up and ask "What Mean?" and spell  out  a
word and I'd explain and make her look it up in the dictionary . So I'd be
smiling as I watched her read my story , and then I'd smile even more when
she  stopped to ask for explanations of English words .  God really DOES
have  the last laugh ,  first I have to write something funny ,  which  is
hard in itself, then I have to write in such a way as to please a Chinese
girl  .  Now that is the future which I have to bear in mind.  As for my
back  catalogue ,  I just have to hope that with "The help of God and  Two
Policemen  "  as my mum always used to say my old "stuff" will  pass  the
Chinese filter and get 100 out of 100,and then a Chinese uncle in Miami
or  a Chinese uncle in Shanghai will help this Birmingham England boy  get
his foot in the door as a writer .

         So I watch from my rocking chair as she reads, as I watch for
smiles I admire her beauty ,  though I call her an "ugly mug" as a joke ,
and as a way of making her realize that beauty is only skin deep .  And we
both  realize too its because we see each others heart that's why  we  are
sitting  opposite each other ,  that's why I have a Chinese critic of  my
British humour, and yes God really DOES have a truly great  sense  of
humour  .  If I can do the impossible then I will perhaps finally get my
chance  to be a writer .  Though I must immediately say that my mum does
make the tea in Heaven so I'm sure she's bribing Saint Jude ,  the  patron 
saint of the impossible ,  "Look , Saint Jude if you want the best tea for
all  eternity ,  just help Michael my youngest son ,  let him make  people
laugh for 70 years with his writing .  But only if he can make his Chinese
girl  give  him 100 out of 100 .  And only if its the “Will of God." .So
basically  that's the situation . Simple really, I just sit in my rocking
chair and watch Jee Ji smile and every now and then she says "What Mean?"
and I explain and she checks it out in her electronic dictionary , then she
laughs more when she reads the Chinese translation .  I'm sure I can hear
God laughing in the background,  but I REALLY do believe mum sent Jee  Ji
to  me ,  so I hope its just a matter of time before I get my foot in  the
door and I get a chance to be a writer . Having said that perhaps I should
add that Time is God's greatest joke , didn't Padre Pio once say something
like "The prayers I will say tomorrow will have helped you yesterday ."

        To finish ,  perhaps I should just teach Jee Ji more English and
then Hey Presto she'll see what a wonderful writer I am . I'm laughing now
at my own stupidity , its more likely she'll think even more how useless I
am as a writer , however God works in mysterious ways and another thing my
mother used to say was "Far Fetched , Like S*** from China." Why? Because
our  meeting and falling ion love is so unbelievable and so  far  fetched
just  like "S*** from China" ***,  so the ultimate joke is that it  takes  a
real Chinese miracle for me to find a girl AND get published .
Or can I hear God Laughing?


******Coals to Newcastle might be another comparison, this was my mother's metaphor


No comments:

Spend 8 million of my TAX money on the needy

Government offers free portraits of King Charles to churches, universities and hospitals as part of £8m scheme Churches, universities and ho...