Monday 5 June 2023

Come Talk to Me

Come Talk to Me (c)

By Michael Casey

Now I spent 3 years on the doorstep of the Crowne Plaza NEC , a 4 star deluxe hotel, 242 rooms and conference facilities, this was 20 years ago. Hello to Jonathan Walker who opened it. How are your 3 daughters. Mine, 1 has just finished BioChem Finals, and the smaller one is doing Anthropology at a very illustrious University, which I won't name to protect her Privacy.

So my job was to TALK to everybody, I gave them 30 seconds, and then I approached them. Jonathan once went to the opposition hotel, and it was 20 mins before anybody approached him. I was spring loaded and we looked after the guests, we were the Friendly Hotel.

My point though is that I TALK, I talk to Everybody. I hate it when people moan that they are bored and won't even take their nose out of their mobile, or just sit arms folded looking glum.

 OPEN YOUR MOUTH

Speak to somebody. anybody, it's not a sin. Silence now that is a sin if you have any Irish blood in you. I can't speak to you, because. There is NO BECAUSE. Just talk, Black, White, Green, Straight, Gay, any which way, and  any age at all. JUST TALK. You will break up your day, find a friend maybe, or just spill gravy while you are eating. 

Talking changes everything and anything. How do we meet or friends our wives or lovers, we open our mouths and TALK. You can save a Life, just by talking. That little old lady in the store, or the fat man on a bus, you can discover a new reality, just by opening your mouth and talking. I always like having a natter in the store, and if they are stuck up I might just jump up and down like a Gorilla for the security camera. I did it the other day, because I had the fun feeling within me. Though I have to be careful due to the baseball size hernia in my chest.

Talking is fun, same as Opening your Eyes, you will will observe things and even spot things you never even knew existed. So Look Up, Look Around you, take of the sound barrier, or the binkers of the mobile phone. Enjoy the Sunshine, you can write your own songs, instead of using the crutch of Spotify.

Right now, the Tinnitus is so loud it physically hurts, my chest hurts too where it was broken in two to save my life with a unplanned Quadruple heart bypass 8 years ago, in 2015.  I'm listening to Jean Michel Jarre's Revolution, which I first heard maybe 30 years ago, or it could even be 40 years ago. Mark Alder silly voice master and great cartoonist where are you now. Debbie W's first cousin.

We were a company of friends at StatsMR, and 45 years ago tomorrow I first joined the greatest show on earth, and everybody knows what I mean. That's where I first learnt to type. And everybody there knew how to talk, and lots lots more.

So everybody Come Talk to Me, for that's the greatest way to be FREE.




No comments:

Spend 8 million of my TAX money on the needy

Government offers free portraits of King Charles to churches, universities and hospitals as part of £8m scheme Churches, universities and ho...