Saturday 10 October 2020

10.10.20. chat

 well my big sister died a few weeks ago, and a lot has passed through my mind

it normal times it's a week before the funeral, catholic style

in Covid 19 times, it's nearly 3 weeks from death to burial

so a lot of time for a lifetime of thoughts to pass you by

yes, if you read my play Shoplife, then Bernadette was her

I wrote it back in 1988 during  the Olympics

A lot has happened since then, laughter and pain

Now I have 2 daughters on the cusp of womanhood

My Health is rubbish, I used to be as strong as an Ox,

now I just smell like one, though Ck One does make me smell better

I'm railing against Death, and really would like to marry and have 

4 more kids and start a Kpop band, but no Oriental would waste

her time on me, and there are no Korean takeaways nearby

The alternative is to give into pain, and lack any hope, this

would be a mistake and death of the spirit would soon follow

so it's always best to dream of a bright new tomorrow

even if it never comes, but to dream is to have hope

or I could just tidy my soul ready for the undertaker

I chose not to, though as I check out what you are reading I see

the mentions of pain going back through the years

my voice changes tone due to the pain, and I reach for 

the Movelat, or the paracetamol

I could become an opioid junkie, but then I could not write

so I bore you with these chats, and then with stories

in between boring you with an old woman's refrain 

of oh  my pain

and guess what which is the worse of my ills

Tinnitus, because it keeps me awake till exhaustion beckons

So now you know



No comments:

A Korean in BIRMINGHAM travelling. something to read for you books of mine in Korean

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...