Saturday 15 July 2023

4412 Word Association by Michael Casey

 Word Association (c)

 by Michael Casey

It's Saturday 15th July 2023, for all of you keeping notes

I went back to bed as I needed more sleep

Tinnitus tires you out, as you have to fight against it

Sky is playing on the computer, the Classic Rock Band from the  80s

I'm going to finish off GLOW later, I've had my dinner and our cat Totoro

is back in as she is a Who ER cat, likes going out all the time

The wind is epic, no sunshine here in Birmingham

Portugal is lovely my smallest got back earlier and went to bed

she was up at 3am whole big sister had just gone to bed here in Birmingham

Studying/chilling or whatever

I dug out my Rosary beads from Malta, they are i fact Stations of the Cross

So I'll get  into the groove with them

only I broke them, so I've repaired them

No I'm far from holy, but what do you do if Tinnitus keeps you awake?

Now Word Association at the top is the theme which I'll get around to

Google Ronnie Corbett monologues

So it's very easy to write, as everything has an association

The thing is how do you stitch them together

Any pile of ingredients are just that Ingredients

Until the cook, the builder, the singer, the carpenter or the teacher

Puts them together

It's the way I tell them as Frank Carson used to say

Your ingenuity makes all the difference

Just as it's the staff that makes the Hotel good

and yes I was great, it was the hardest job of my life

But I had FUN

So a singer or a writer puts ideas together

The pencil, I remember using a very sharp craft knife to sharpen mine

at Primary school, I remember Mr Skullian, this is 1967 maybe

So the pencil brings back those memories

Suddenly I discovered I'd have Mr Gallagher in class 4, the next year

that changed my Life,  because partly out of Fear I started to read heavily

Radio 4 appeared a couple of years later

Mr Marshall had a motor bike, and fell off once

1968 maybe, I've only just remembered that

Our neighbour at the family house he had a bike

And bikers turned up, Hells Angels, a prostitute lived

in a house in between our house and neighbour

Dope floating in the air, old Mrs Patrick's house

13 motor bikes in a row, they did not stay forever

the neighbour's son got involved, County Lines

Before the term was invented

Ended up in Winson Green Jail,

 was that where one of the Great Train Robbers got out

https://hansard.parliament.uk/Commons/1967-11-16/debates/f8c6ba97-a218-49d1-a067-652c2e775834/WinsonGreenPrison(Escapes)

The Green as the Locals used to call it

Anyway the neighbour caught TB or something

Came around to us to say Goodbye

He died, maybe 40 years ago

One of our old lodger he always talked to them

He had a motorbike in his youth

He was yet another Alcoholic

That's why as a family we never got into alcohol

Save your money for a deposit on a house

If all your lodgers alcoholic then its a turn off

Some were not, for clarity

Anyway this one Jim C

it was sheet ice on the ground, 1inch/2cm thick

He still went to the pub, with 2 walking sticks

But he got a lift home, squeezed into the motor bike side car

The neighour's wife always rode in the side car

Jim C died in his room, and we contacted his brother

His brother was a Doctor

These are some of the things I've grown up with

Being the 5th of 6th in the  family

I was closer to the lodgers and their lives

My brothers were busy studying till 2 am

Oxford and Cambridge has to be won

It is not given away

Now as usual I'm meandering but I hope it's interesting

So if you think, I'm just a Posh Fat Guy, then that idea is plain BO%$$$

Education is one way out, 

and by the way Lord Daniel Moylan was a few doors further up the street

until his Labour Voting dad moved to a nicer and bigger house 

But I digress, and yes I really did chase Danny up the road throwing

snow balls at him after Midnight Mass

I'm Michael the least of the Caseys , 5 of 6

I need to finish now as the pain is growing and Hemp needs

to be slapped on my shoulder

If Danny or anybody read The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker

my first book he'll spot some places, I've just transposed them

But as I've not made any money from the writing

Does that mean I'm a total failure

despite 3,000,000 in words, 20 Books and a ton of Bullet Points

no money

Despite readers in up to 162 countries so far

At Least  somebody in Singapore loves my writing

As this past month they have read nearly all of it

Is it my new carer/lover/muse/cleaner  speed typist

or just a boring AI

I'll never know not unless they take me out for dinner








I'm. not quite that fat in reality





No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...