Tuesday 31 August 2021

for my Oriental Readers in Korea, Japan and China

for my Oriental Readers in Korea, Japan and China

I will be writing Father Dan's Altar Boy  later today 31st August 2021

I'll post it in Korea, Japanese and Chinese first

with my Original English below

so the 3 of you can say you read it first

My pain attack kicked off at 4pm, it's 1am now

So that's 9 hours of fizz and pain

Even a bit of sleep did not shake it

And I missed my dinner too

I got up and am talking to you

After beef and tomatoes on garlic and coriander bread with 2 mugs of coffee

and a bowl of ice scream

As my head was screaming I had an idea for a story

Though Classical Chilled music is very good

So I may try that through the night, as I fight tinnitus for sleep

So I was thinking, as I have yet another dark night of the soul

And I have many

What use am I

All the pain, hobbled and useless

So I reminded myself of the very old lady in Lima and her Rosary

and I thought of Fr. Dan too, Mrs Murphy's favourite priest

I though of Tears for a Butcher, the finale,  thats if. ever write the 600 page sequel

It'll probably never get written, not unless my Korean Kpop girl arrives to speed type it

and then have 4 kids with me and form a Kpop band, etc

It's madness and lunacy, and hope and love beyond reason

But anyway as I had my dinner at Midnight

a thought came to me

I may be battered and broken, and pushed to the very edge

To the Gates of Hell itself

Which was another story I wrote

And it could have been my very last, in 2014, before my still in Xmas time

Unplanned Quadruple heart bypass, I went in 3rd Jan 2015 and had op on 13th Jan 2015

But I thought to myself, at least I can do a few things, even if they seem without worth or meaning

Little Flower and all that, and I was in Liseux in 1984

So as I ate, and really enjoyed my simple meal

I thought, I can write, I can write

Then I thought of the sequel I'd never write, Tears for a Butcher

Just fragments down on paper, a mixed up jigsaw

So I wanted to write more, as my head fizzed, and it is still fizzing

So a priest always has an Altar Boy

So I thought about that, I was an altar boy for 8 years

And a reader at Mass for 5 of them, I even got roped in to do the reading

at my now dead sister's wedding, 40 years ago

So I'm thinking what would I write, as I ate my vine tomatoes

Which have stopped the free fall on my kidneys, GFR 29 and all that

So I'm thinking I can only do what I can do

Which means I'll bore you with Father Dan's Altar Boy

I won't give anything away, I have it all in my head, but in the morning I put it down

It would be far easier if I had my speed typist right now

So that's a heads up as they say, or a Trailer

I effectively missed today, because of pain and hiss

Though I have discovered Chilled Classics

And if I write down the story, I won't have wasted Time

though my dad used to say When God made Time He made Plenty of it

So don't waste your time on rubbish

Do something useful with you time

All of you can write or sing or draw

Or encourage

or best of all PRAY

























No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...