Saturday 14 August 2021

Dark Night of the Soul

Dark Night of the Soul

Last night till this afternoon as the worst ever for my Tinnitus

With mine you get sleep deprivation etc

Then your mind spins

Finally so tired you'd literally fall over you sleep

But in my case I awake every 2 hours

Finally when you finally have had your 8 hours sleep

which may have taken up to 15 hours to get

You away, with the full on, Pop Concert noise in your head

Takes an hour for the volume to recede 

Then you can start your day

Still with Buddy Rich in your head

Remember him, he liked all music, except Country

So He'd laugh if I said I take John Denver to bed

To help drown the shake drum and rattle of Tinnitus

They say the darkest hour is before dawn

And having worked 14 years of night shifts I've seen many a Dawn

Tomorrow is 15th August , Feast of Assumption

You can all make your own comments

But one thing is true

This weak world of ours, really does need The Blue Lady

As the world descends into more Madness

Look at the news, and I do in my Tinnitus time when I cannot get to sleep

I also get up in the middle of the night for an early breakfast

Totoro our cat may go out or come  in, no matter what time it is

Finally I go back to bed and finally sleep arrives

No two nights are the same

Just as no two days are the same

My shoulder or chest pain may arrive for an hour or ten

A magic roundabout of pain

Like a wheel of fortune, at the County Fair, nobody knows where it will stop

My voice can even change tone, I can hear my chestbone click

Where my bypass was, and now a hernia like a breast poking through

So, be happy and enjoy life, and I'll write a proper Story (c) by Michael Casey

Soon, maybe, perhaps or not

In the end all we can do is Love One Another

Like Sister and Brother

Instead of being fast talking "journalists"

The world has not been in greater peril

As too many weapons of war are everywhere

Just read the headlines

But the greatest danger is from within

No Nation can stand with Civil War within

Covid has put everybody at war with everybody else

The Spanish Civil War when Nazis practiced 

Then had their own Party in 1939

USA was Isolationist then as it is now

Britain was all alone

It was a close call

You can look at your History books

and by the way Russia lost 40,000,000 souls in WWII

USA lost 400,000 souls

100 times more Russians died

That explains Post War History if you think about it

Now in USA, today, 621,000 Covid deaths

And USA seems hell bent on self destruction

My Rights have shouted down, my Common Sense

AND  yes, well I don't need to say any more

A Liar is never a Winner, no matter how much he protests

So in closing for today

Ask Mary to help us

Before Eden itself is lost






No comments:

HONG KONG pay me

HONG KONG pay me I see you reading avidly so buy a book on Amazon that way you can pay me a few pennies https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Mich...