Saturday 19 June 2021

Why do we learn a Language?

Why do we learn a Language?

By Michael Casey

It's gone past Midnight so I may sudden stop

And finish in the morning, without any warning

So we learn a language to communicate and share

We start with English, or whatever your own 

Mother Tongue is

Then we don't bother, if you are English

Just shout loudly at the waiting staff

Or so it used to be

Not in our house

We all married foreigners

Maybe we don't like the English either?

Anyway IF you can talk and chat

It does break the ice and  is an ice-breaker in itself

As is a cup of tea, or 4 bottles of beer if you are. Korean

Yes you can get a Gismo to communicate

But that is not half as good as holding an actual conversation

As I watch Korean Kramas a lot I can hear Poetry in the words

And the grunting too, rather like Chinese language

Which to outsides seems like a lot of grunting

My 20 years exposure to Shanghai dialect give me that impressions

Its all about Tones, as is French

French sounds beautiful, no wonder some fall for a Frenchman

Italian sounds so rapid fire, but still beautiful

German sounds harsh, though when I was in Germany the people were/are 

Wunderbar, wonderful, and the food was so nice

Hotel Achat Offenbach thank you for the memories

Ich lieb dich

So language is a key, that opens doors to hearts

And mind, a toy on your phone, can never replace 

an actual vocabulary and conversation

And not just because I love to natter, nor because I was

an Esol English teacher for a year in an Islamic school

But you know that already if you read my bio on my Wordpress or Blogger

Words do matter, and words do count

An accountant may count the pennies

But it's the personal relationships that matter

Even a few words, because it proves you bothered, you cared

You are not just a number on a spread sheet

So believe me when I tell you, it took just 15 mins day

every single day for 3 months, and I was able to restore

My Spanish to my head after 25 since taking the exam

Then I went to Barcelona and had a lot of fun

So try the 15 minute method for yourself

There's 2,000,000 words of mine mostly online 

So give it a try, and catch a Birmingham boy, or girl even

And yes I'd love to earn something from my words

But as the Internet is free, it'll probably never happen

and yes 20 books on Amazon as well

But think of the satisfaction you'll get as you walk 

down Broad Street Birmingham in drag with me

Saying hello hello hello to all the Policemen

But do remember to shave your legs first

And they'll all be impressed by both your dress sense

and use of the Queen's English in Birmingham England

You weren't expecting me to give you a boring story?

That's all, and wash your hands before you touch

your dictionary.

TTFN



No comments:

for my Arabic readers, a very big family comedy, about my own Chinese/Irish family

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...