Thursday 11 June 2020

Schools out for Covid19


Schools out for Covid19 ©
By
Michael Casey

Before I begin I’ll remind you 4 of the 6 of us were teachers, despite dad’s teacher saying to my dad in 1920/30s Kerry Ireland, one day Casey you will Hang. Me, I was just an Esol English teacher for a year, gaining Excellent, Excellent and Exemplary on my External assessment. Just so you know I’m not a Mickey Mouse person. Otherwise I am a “failure” with 1,615,138 Words to my name after 33 years of writing. So many words in fact that I’ve reached the limit on what the Word processor can handle. Though I doubt anybody else in the world has a 8241 page file, it’s all my stuff dumped together if you are wondering. Or it could be a list of Trump lies.

Now today I’m going to tell you how to get everybody back to school. You can adapt these thoughts, but just do it, as the phrase on a Tee shirt says. As some folks may not have wifi, even though I must have it for 20years now in some form or another, this is how to reach everybody.

Everybody does have a tv, and digital tv is the thing. These are loads of channels, so you grab 13 channels, one for each year group. You put a smart phone on a selfie stick and show the teacher. The feed via WhatsApp goes to a studio where it is then broadcast on the digital frequency for that year group. It’s basically as simple as that. We also have the RED button where you can split or add on extra channels. I could elaborate, but it really is that simple. You can have the feed repeated 24/7 on each channel, or added to the iplayer, so the classroom is available for a month or so. This really is a low tech solution, and it works. It’s like getting the Army to use morse again when satellites go dowm. Or in WWII Red Indians speaking their Native tongues helped beat the Japanese, because no way on God’s earth could it be intercepted.

You can waste time arguing the toss, just like the lost 3 years, when Politicians tried to disobey the will of the people over the EU thing. Whatever way you then thought. So now as it appears that Covid19 is less likely to kill schoolkids, I even read being struck by lightning is more likely, we can use a low tech solution. Put the classroom live on tv, on 13 digital channels. You can dress it all up, but it really is that simple. Because as BBC TV licencing will tell you, everybody has a tv, well apart from my brother who repeatedly got asked about his non-existent tv.

If teachers are afraid, that’s fair enough, we could dress the teachers up like robots in PPE, and some kids may say their teacher’s teaching skills are robotic, and yes I can hear the howl from teachers already. But everybody has to be creative, and expecting the Government to do everything is both Naïve and Stupid. Everybody needs to be creative, for the kids’ sake, or do you want a 200 questionnaire written out in triplicate first. Common sense and a can do attitude works wonders. Britain as well as being A Nation of Shopkeepers, which was the original title for The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker, is a Nation of Inventors. Usually the Americans buy up the idea and make the money. Now is the time to think like a child, because they have Imagination. We have playgrounds, put tented classrooms in the playgrounds. Blacks may even donate, or event companies. At least two classrooms can be put in the average playground, or can I hear they where will the kids play? This is a crisis time, in the War, Don’t you know there’s a war on? This was heard when folks moaned. It’s time to stop moaning and bitching, and put the Great back into Britain.

 

No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...