Tuesday 2 June 2020

42 years ago this week, post 2834

42 years ago this week, post 2834

well I just remembered it's my 42 year Birthday playing with computers

or babysitting as we used to call it, as we did masses of bulk printing

It used to impress people when yuou said you were in computer

IT was not even thought of

I have 2834 posts, stories plus chats on this site

maybe 2000 stories, and 800 or so conversations like this

The By Michael Casey ones are the stories

that go into the books as I compile them

I am a Writer, not a Blogger

there is a major difference

42 years ago I had to learn how to type

I jiggled my fingers at the busstop trying to remember

the layout of the QWERTY keyboard

Now I've been typing for 42 years

I never use pen and paper, so nothing to leave to any Oxford University

when I die, the only paper i use is toilet paper

I had a nice indian girl pass by my wordpress today

so I said hello and amused/bemused her in equal measure

my humour can be missed if you don't think

Is is joking or serious? is what my sister says

the answer is both in equal measure

you just have to work our which is which

so there you go

I'm glad that the whole world reads my stuff

but I abhor the junk emails, they just get deleted unread

English is my native tongue, so make an effort

Google will translate for you BUT use a GOOD SUBJECT LINE

I'm glad you all read my stuff, it's better than dying unread

That's partly why I put my stuff online

And I hate the website designer and TOP of Google offers too

I hope I don't sound too grumpy, I'm just giving you the truth

I've had a lazy day today, the pain monster was about for a couple of days

I could meet you in the local store share a joke, or a nice bottle of fizzy pop

and we'd have a nice time. But a few hours or even minutes later

I can barely move with pain, a sine curve on my body and time hitting me

It's like an unwanted mystery prize

I could medicate myself up, but then I'd be a zombie

so its only Movelat and paracetamol when I need it

As you trawl though these 2834 pieces of writing, and they are not everything

As you go through my back list you will hit the pain stuff

I wish there were none in the list, but that's part of me, literally

There are other things I could share, but they are even more painful

So you'll have to wait till I die, I can hear you mutter, the sooner the better

Such cynical readers I have, I should sit on your knee and break it

I am heavier than Tyson Fury after all, though 11 inches shorter

We are all living in days of History, and we could all do so much better

I asked my small daughter why Aliens would visit Earth the other day

She said, to warn us

I've been watching, as well as my usual listening, to  lots of music on tv recently

So i said to her I thought  Aliens would come for the Music

It would be nice if the world had more Music and less Tears

Especially now.....



No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...