Sunday 19 May 2019

Don't waste your time chasing rainbows



Don't waste your time chasing rainbows

Now I could write a lot about that

But I won't, for homework you can write an essay on that topic yourselves

Some things are stereotypical

You waste your life chasing one thing and lose the most important thing

You  go abroad and study, in the hope of helping your people

You return and you are no longer one of them

You are in a no man's land

This happens all too often in life

Matt Damon in  Good Will Hunting is a math's genius

In the end  he realises with Robin William's help that the only thing worth having

is LOVE

So I hope in my own life and experience I am Matt Damon

Ok, stop laughing, my real name is Mathew Bourne

So be  warned.

Ok Burne-Jones is my real name, I draw Angels

You are all so cruel, laughing at me

My Russian and Ukrainian friends like me, ok not me, my words, anyway

Love what you do, or what your Health allows you to do.

Then try and be the best at that.

And yes I cleaned toilets too in my Hotel days

Enjoy your life and have a family.

A family can be a bunch of bikers, or soldiers in special services,

or a bunch of vicars holding religious services, gay  or straight or any other mixture.

Full of Faith, or cursing galore.

All of these are families, and so long as you have mates, even if you are not mating with

them,

So long as there is somebody to lean on ,to cry on, just like in New Amsterdam on tv.

So long as there is somebody, then you are not alone in this life.

And even if your Tinnitus or any form of Pain, keeps you awake all night, you still

have God or maybe just the Stars at Night to scream at.

For Stars themselves are families, that guide the Human Family over the seas through

the Oceans to Home, to Refuge. To all OUR FAMILIES and SAFETY.

Somebody once said Form a Christian Family if you want a bit of Peace ,

that was Padre Pio

I'll add, be a family any which way you want to be a family, any black or white or green,

pious or obscene, just cling together in any night, keep on fighting together.

Then all your life will be a Rainbow of Love and Hope, no chasing required.

I told Matt Damon that as we cleaned the floors together, one day you'll be Head Janitor.

He hasn't quite made it, but he'll never give up trying,

I'll stop now Matt has to help my daughter with her Maths homework.

Michael Casey

19/may 2019




Image result for burne jones angel





No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...