Friday 3 May 2019

happy 3rd of May

well I did intend writing a comedy piece as promised, and The Moaner was the title too,

but when I came to write it I wrote something else instead.

That's the way with stories.

With Having a Lie in I had a path in my head but I took the other path instead

The Moaner was going to be a parody but it went elsewhere

Lying in bed last night I was thinking I need a haircut, but it gave me  an idea for a story

man sat in chair talking to barber, they are for very different cultures, and talk over each other,
but when the story is finished you realise, they really are the same, the story ends(in film) with the customer cutting the barber's hair, and the barber is the one sat in the chair.

so there's an idea for you budding film makers, or story writers, I get a screen credit too!

An idea starts, it's how it develops makes the difference. Over 30 years  ago I was told to think about

that, so I read a bit more with that idea in my head, then I wrote more.  It did take me a year via

practice to learn how to WRITE. But all the schooling in the world is no good if you don't have any

good ideas, but it is an industry Creative Writing. Personally it would kill my love of words to be

regimented and told what to do, it's like bad parents always correcting kids, things should flow.

Remember The Jungle Book from the1960s? Where the Elephants are lined up? I can remember

being given the programme and an orange by one of our lodgers over 50  years ago. It was that

lodger  who gave us a radio too, and that radio changed my life. So a memory is a story, and a story

can be written from a memory. If you cannot tell a story or have no memories, maybe you are wasting

your time doing Creative Writing courses, become a plumber you can make more money that way.

Getting Published is not reason to write either, you write because it's in you, as the writer of

The Field used to say, I asked his neice in his pub back in 1995 maybe.

Lots of rubbish gets printed, as  a page won't refuse ink as my dad used to say.

So if writing lifts your spirits keep at it, readers all over the world via your sites is a nice vibe

Even if you never make a dime, and most writers keep their day jobs too.

So I'll finish for today and maybe I'll do something new later today.

My hips decided to hurt me these past few days, they had been quiet for months.

It's a Merry Go Around of Pain.



No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...