Saturday 30 June 2018

Eric Clapton before bedtime

Eric Clapton before bedtime,
I just finished wathcing a 2 hour documentary on Eric Clapton, A life in 12 bars.

Very good programme, my brother used to listen to his music on a Toblerone shaped speaker when he trying to get into university nearly 50 years ago. He got into Queens, Oxford.

Meanwhile my other brother adopted the speaker, he got into the other place, Downing, Cambridge.

Now I've had the speaker for years, I just became a writer. 16 books on Amazon so far, which you all refuse to buy as you can read me here. I'm gently weeping now, Clapton wrote that song for me.

I did of course meet Eric Clapton in 2002 or 2003 at the CPNEC Birmingham, I tried to carry his bag only I went to the wrong end of his sports car. So I said, sorry Sir, the wife drives a Skoda, this made Eric smile.

I did try to pension off the speaker but after 2 days in the sun outside our house nobody wanted it. So I cleaned it with apple spray and brought it back in. I then reconnected the speaker  and it sounds good, even after 50 years in our family. We do have a Ginger in the family, as foreigners mispronounce my wife's name. Our Ginger makes so much noise she should be in a band with Eric. So if Eric ever reads this and wants to conquer China, then my Ginger is availavble.

I'm glad Eric has found Peace with himself, life can be a bit of a journey, I speak from experience  too, the trick Eric is to get on the right bus, get a ticket to ride. In all its meanings.



Eric may recognise me from the younger photo below 2002 to 2005



No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...