Saturday 11 December 2021

Chinese film style

 now I will write a story story eventually

Story (c) by Michael Casey  is a STORY

this bullet point thing is a CHAT

there are 2000 STORIES ie. Title (c) by Michael Casey

and the rest ae CHATS like this

only the STORIES are in the books when  I launch them

No last night I sa 2 Chinese films

SWITCH and Search or Catch a Star

SWITCH was  a James Bond king of film

7 out of ten maybe

What I noticed is that the Style is different

More tight shots that would have been better at wide shots

Maybe the sound stage was smaller

Also the edit/cut was faster

Less lingering

Maybe it is because of the Chinese mind being quicker

Remember I have 20 years Shanghai mind experience

So if you compare to Bond movies then SWITCH is quicker

between scenes and less lingering, establishing the scene

It has all the elements but seems to lack something

OK, Chinese people, I know you are all saying

He's from Birmingham, so he must be stupid

Which reminds me I was in Chinese church 15 + years  ago maybe

And guess what, a Bible lesson was being taught

and yes EVERYBODY in the class was a PhD

I looked around and saw somebody emptying the dustbin

At least he is not a PhD I thought to myself

And he was NOT

The man in the Michael Caine black glasses

Was a Professor

Andrew Chan, who I believe now is a Vice Chancellor 

in Australia

So Merry Christmas to him and his family

I'm still fat, Michael Casey the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham

Now the 2nd film was Catch a Star, if I remember rightly

The Tinnitus is still screaming so forgive me if I got it wrong

I think the same lead actor was in both, the films were made several years apart

I just loved this film, a strong 9, and yes I did cry too

I was about a Billionaire who fell for a croupier and dancer

His driver fell for a single mother

and his female C.O. who had no chest, it was a joke in the film too

She fell for the maintenance man

It was funny and heart-warming and touched me like a Kdrama

So much vitality and comedy

So watch all the foreign stuff on tv, just put the subtitles on

So you'll enjoy 4 times and many  films

I missed Parasite it was on the other Saturday, so I'll try and find it

Korean comedy is funny, like a Bond film mixed with a Carry On film

with very high end product placement

Just watch it

Vincenzo and Hotel del Luna. both Korean hits

Once you start you'll be hooked

Which reminds me of a line from White Chicks

But beware some tv stations cut/edit too much to fit the adverts

Watch films without adverts, and watch all the credits too

Now you may say I could have given you a story by now

But there are 2000 stories and  nobody has read them yet

and nobody has read all 3400+ plus pieces in total on this Blogger yet

When you do, you'll either be my confessor, or sharing my bed

which is a dire thought for both of you

Though 30 years ago, a female priest once said to me, that

she though short pieces were my forte

well 2000+ of them now

This should read like RADIO

Because I am talking to you, not really writing

I did listen to BBC Radio 4 , for 20 years BEFORE I picker up a pen

Then a year of the pen before I qualified as a Writer

33 years ago

Though you may all think my writing STINKS

Maybe I should be in a Japanese bathhouse 

being purified

Or just drowned 

You are all so cruel

127 kilos after lockdown

Maybe I should just crosstrain and be a SUMO

Or just just  dress in a Kimono

SING: I'm turning Japanese, I'm turning Japanese , I think so

SMILE the Orient is mine

Please don't drive that Express over my dress









No comments:

4799 here' s a tip

 here's a tip if you are burning rubbish in your garden and you can see  other people's washing out what would you do? a. knock door...