Thursday 30 April 2020

May is the Month of Mary

May is the Month of Mary

in the morning it is May

and

May  is the Month of Mary

if you are a catholic you'll remember it being said

In a couple of weeks time it marks the 24th Anniversary of

my mother's death

But she said don't cry when I die, so I never did

In Covid times we could all curl up and die

or just give up Hope

None of us of any Faith or None should ever do that

My Mother taught me many things

she ever taught me to read via the Chipper cartoon in the newspaper

She would be spinning those Rosary beads like crazy

at this very moment in our Shared World History

She's be sprinkling her Holy Water everywhere

She would never never never surrender to despair

comb your hair and wash your face

Give yourself a kick up the backside

And Fight, would be her answer

We must keep all our spirits going

We must not abandon all our dreams

We will walk in the Sunshine again

We will Laugh and Chat again

There will be a bright tomorrow

Just say the Rosary, or Pray 5 times a day, or whatever way you pray

Or just curse Covid, whatever brings relief

Covid is just a thief of our Times

When the time is ready, we can dance in the streets

And I'll be there dancing too

So Who will dance with me

Practice indoors, but prepare and get ready

For dancing in the street

Even if you have two left feet

Amen








No comments:

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996 one of her friends is 99 now another died at 99 a third is in t...