Friday 24 April 2020

Everybody open a window

Everybody open a window

Everybody open a window
It’s too quiet
One of the nicest things to hear is Prayer sung
So open a window and let your neighbours hear you sing
I’ve heard Muslim prayers while  teaching  ESOL English at an Islamic school
I’ve heard a lifetime of Christian Hymns from my own sister
I’ve heard a Shona choir raise the roof
And there are many  songs sungs by many many Faiths
Not to mention drunks coming home singing a song
Singing is our Spirits dancing in praise of God, or us just being happy
There is too much silence amongst all the Covid19
So breakout in song, open the window and get your entire area singing
We may not be able to get out  but our voices and our prayers can
So enough of this silence, we can have choirs on balconies
We can rejoice we are alive, Sing Something Loudly and Proudly
Covid19 can never destroy our Spirit
Just keep on Singing and Smiling, sing to the stars
Wherever you are in the world
And today Australia, Cambodia, Egypt, USA,South Africa, Singapore, USA, France
were just some of the places reading me.
But don’t just read me, Sing for Family, Sing for your  Smiling Face
Sing for the Human Race

No comments:

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look SO If you have a Phd and are beautiful, you can...