Friday 19 January 2018

I feel like a street cleaner next to a poet something from 1/11/11



 I feel like a street cleaner next to a poet   (c)
By Michael  Casey 

I feel like a street cleaner next to a poet, empty gutters and sweet wrappers, cigarette stubs and messages of love, puke on the street not very nice to meet, drinkers passing by their booze in a bag, all so very sad, drivers trying to mow me down me and my cart, picking litter is sure no art. But without me, the stains of life would fill the street, gum would stick to their feet. Occasionally a smile and a thank you and even a God Bless, while I clean up others mess.


This is from 1/11/11 I was looking for a piece on Stress, to highlight today, and I stumbled over this. I think it could really be Henry the Street Cleaner in The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker  lamenting his day. I'll try and get back on my horse and cart and write something new in the morning.Its study day in our house as both girls have exams on Monday. The life of a parent, I'll just have to be quiet all weekend and supply chocolate. I've been looking at Rightmove as relaxation and dreaming IF  I could live somewhere really nice.

 

 

No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...