Monday 22 January 2018

The Midnight Hour



The Midnight Hour


I just spotted that somebody was looking at “300 and Not OUT”  which is a major collection of funny stories about the family and other bits and bobs. It was called very funny by a publisher at the time. As I talk to you I can remember back in 2012 talking to the physio and saying I could not make up my mind what to call the book. I was having a a bit of acupuncture at the time in my left arm. I’d finished a year as an Esol English teacher and I’d ended up with an arm problem, carrying a heavy briefcase full of work for the students. 2011 had been my teacher year, I even got “excellent, excellent and exemplary” on my external assessment. Yes I’m not telling lies. I am the entertainer kind of teacher.
So now its Midnight, 0r 00:09 according to the clock and its now Monday 22 Jan 2018, I spotted the 300 and Not OUT on my google search, so I wonder who’s been checking me out. I just wish it was my lucky break, at 59, after 30 years of writing, so I can be an “overnight” discovery. Not forgeting 20 years of Radio 4 Listening, by which I mean over 20 hours a week of Speech Radio, and not rubbish Shock Jocks. That’s 50 years to get me to where I am now, talking to you just after Midnight with Tinnitus in my right ear. I hope it goes away it’s been shadowing me for a week now. Perhaps I should form a band with Eric Clapton.
My Profile is best here.  https://www.blogger.com/profile/08360300604946924721
and here. https://www.amazon.com/MichaelCasey/e/B00571G0YC
Today’s total is 1300 short pieces,  over  15 books, the first is a Full Length Novel,
The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker  600 or so pages.
The rest are colletions of short stories, plus a few plays, Shoplife was accepted by a
professional theatre but not finally produced.
A low budget film producer did take a look at The Butcher The Baker and The Undettaker
And Radio people did like my writing style. That Paddington actor could read my stuff on
the radio when he’s finished being Brutus and stabbing people in the back not unless he
wants to go into Politics. Or I could read  my stuff myself, subject to voice test.
I don’t leave tons of stuff on my sites, I backoff and put my stories in a book when I have
enough new material.
Which all amounts to close but no cigar.
I’m still alive 3 years after my unplanned heart bypass which ended up as a Quadruple.
They say you can live 20 years but Statistcally 50% reach 10 years.
I also have arthritis. SO pain is part of my life, post heart op my chest gives me loads of
pain.  More pain than a Page 3 girl. The pain changes daily,  just as Page 3 girls do.
Yes many people have much more pain, but IF I win the lottery big time I’d start a pain
relief centre. And no I don’t mean some kind of house of ill repute. I cannot play the
piano like Les Dawson.
So go to my writer’s page on Amazon and buy my 15 books and not any books by
anybody else of the same name.
For just like in Highlander, there can only be one, and that’s Michael Casey the fat silver
haired writer in shades from Birminghmam, the one in England.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Casey/e/B00571G0YC

https://www.amazon.com/Michael-Casey/e/B00571G0YC

No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...