Thursday 18 January 2018

Freebies

Freebies (c)
By
Michael Casey

I was just looking through the newspapers after I’d had a sandwich after I’d come in after yet another blood test, and what did I read? A girl wanted a free room and board in a Dublin Hotel over the Valentine’s Day period.

In return she would put it in her Vblog, as she had 70,000 viewers. Now this struck a chord with me for a couple of reasons. When I was on Google+ I had 300,000 views. I did not believe it I thought it might just be one with OCD. I used to be on Facebook but I seem to attract strange people or chancers.

So I’m not on anti social media for years now.

What you get is my writing here free of charge, then I direct you to Amazon to buy my books.

I did get 21,000 or so Polish readers in a month just by word of mouth a year ago.
So perhaps I’ve missed a trick and should allow adverts for hemorrhoids and their treatment on my site in exchange for product. No I don’t need such things, yet.

In my hotel days I know how hard everybody works, because I was that man doing 10 different roles, despite my humble title, I really did everything and for 3 years. So when somebody asks for a free stay when I, Michael Casey the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham was a hotel worker and has had far more viewers than this young girl it makes me think what has she done to deserve it. Did she stand for 12 hours a day on hard marble, or walk 5 miles a day for 3 years, every single day. If she had then maybe I’d think she might deserve Royal treatment such as Me and Roger and Jim gave to every one of our guests for years.

Sometimes you get a reward when you work in a hotel, the Jaguar car coat you see me wearing was a thank you gift from a thankful lady. The fleece you see me wearing on the cover of 15 Down was another thank you from a nice guest. Both are 13 + years old. The old child’s bike in some older photographs were from a very kind guest too. But I really had to work hard at the hotel. My neck measurement went up an inch to 18.5, and my chest went up 2 inches to 46 because of all the hard work at the hotel. My belly also went up 2 inches as the food at CPNEC was fabulous. I am 17.5 stones if you are wondering how heavy I am. But you need to have some weight behind you to sling luggage about.

Hotel work is hard work, but great fun, I would encourage everybody to try it. Robin started on Reception back in 2002, now 2018 he is a General Manager, all because HIS own hard work. His hotel is in Birmingham city centre. So look out for him, look for Robin on the name badge
Writing takes time too, 20 years of listening to BBC Radio 4, before I started to write and now 30 years of writing. So that’s 50 years, I started as a child. So if I say I can write and if I say I’m good, its because of the 50 years first.

I once had to book an outside restaurant for a guest, for Valentines, he wanted a table for 3. So that brings back a memory, as for me asking for a free hotel room, I would not do it. Because I know NO, would be the answer. But if I’m offered I’d greatfully receive, but I’d need a padded room, not for any kinky reason, though I am open to offers,but because I wake every 2 hours for the bathroom, and I also occasionally scream in pain.

So with that I’ll shut up, Paris Hilton is at the door, she is taking me to Malta for the weekend, its such a lovely hotel they have there. I was almost inside in 2013, I was in the supermarket in the basement. Sums me up, close but not cigar.





No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...