Sunday 24 November 2019

1/2 a story is better than none

1/2 a story is better than none

Today’s Desk ©
By
Michael Casey

Well my new story rate has slowed down, I was all stiff and could barely walk due to my bad back, its an 11 year old injury that revisits me from time to time. It’s like the tide that comes and goes and then there are seasonal tides, though in my case it’s pain. Ok, I’ll shut up about pain, you just want a story. So throw another log on the imaginary fire, or snuggle under the bed clothes with your girlfriend, ok with the dog, but put your hunting rifle under the bed on safety. You don’t want to shoot yourself, even if my writing is that bad, you are not Hemingway reading me.

So to today’s story. Today’s Desk. There are 2 desks in this room, my desk and there was space for a 2nd desk in this room, here in the new house. Which is an old house, but we spent too much that we cannot afford doing it up, so it’s the new house. Up the hill from the old house. The irony is that it was this hill that alerted me to my bad heart, and it was thanks to the nurse insisting on sending me for tests that saved my life nearly 5 years ago now. The hill was so steep I could hardly breath, I used to wake up in bed breathless sometimes too, and Ukrainians you are smirking at the back, I just hope you put your rifle on safety, otherwise the cat will set it off, or should I say Setitoff, the cat’s name. How would you explain a hole in your mattress and a bullet in your butt?

Joking apart, was that the leaves on a tree moving in the wind, or just a Ukrainian walking towards the house, you are all so big, so very big.
Now back to the story, the desk. I looked at the other desk in the morning when I finally got out of bed, and it made me smile. Why, because my small daughter’s giant size mug was in the corner. So it made me think of her. Books and notes are open ready to read, as well as flash cards, freshly arrived from the Amazon, at least they are not plastic. Shelving for this and that too, which her big sister left behind while she’s at University doing BioChem, 200+ lads and 20 girls I think. And yes of course she’s in the top 10% do you think she’d be like me?
Now back to little sister, she has highlighters and low lighters on her desk, everything at the ready. Felt tips are passe, if you’re a dad you’ll know about this already. A student, must have the right kit, highlighters or lowlighters from Japan, Muji I think they are called. I just pay for them. We are an international family after all, I’ve not moved 3 miles from where I was born, I’ve only ever lived in 2 houses, this is now the 3rd, but mother was from Shanghai, our kids are Chinese/Irish where do you think the brains came from? Iceland, as in the country? No, Iceland the frozen food store, and not brains but bains faggots. You readers are horrible sometimes, after all the 1,535,000 words I’ve given you, I hope Setitoff does just that.

Ok I’m going to sulk now, say sorry or I’ll not finish the tale. Have you said sorry? Or did you just curse me? The central heating controls have stopped working again, so icicles might appear amongst my words, it’s something simple, the central heating, my dinner too. While YOU were sulking, I put the dinner on. Small daughter has just arrived, so I must attend to her, so you can play with Setitoff the cat, but watch out because if my cat Totoro turns up, she will fire your rifle, so better lock it away properly while I have dinner and play with the central heating controls. And no Vodka would warm me up, but really, really.
OK THIS ONE IS TO BE CONTINUED
Today 7 different languages read off the screen,   and Italy and South Africa are having a read on this WordPress. So thank you all, though a miracle of BUYING a book  in my Original English would be good.

here on Blogger and this one is the MAIN site
Indonesia is having a read so hello to you too
so remember to spread the word worldwide  about
Michael Casey The fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England
which is what they should google to find me, and not my namesake
Korean Valentine PoemKOREAN TRANSLATION Still Alive 2015Korean Still Alive 2015Kasap Fırıncı ve Taahhüt © tarafındanBBU IndonesianBBU ITALIANBengali Translation of BBUBBU UrduBBU in Indian HindipersianBBUPORTUGUESE BBU2019China BBU-convertedChina BBU-convertedВ поисках индийской принцессыWydanie polskie Still Alive 2015win Wiersze dla wszystkichThe Polish TranslationsThe Polish Translationspolish Guardian AngelPolish Edition of Still Alive 2015Michael Casey The Polish Translations페이지 1 Quick Stories KOREAN아직도 살아있는 2015ページ1 Quick Stories in Japaneseインドのプリンセスを検索するにはインドのプリンセスを検索するには – CopyЭТО МОЙ ЛИФТ ADСтраница 1shoplife spanishJapanese elevator AdvertBBU GermanBBU French50 Spanish Examples50 Spanish Examplesbbumar2008-en-zh-cn-1BBUMar2008.en.zh-CN (1)BBU in HebrewBBU in Arabic300 وBBU Russian Translation microsoft wordBBU in KOREANBBU GermanBBU French50 Spanish ExamplesKOREAN TRANSLATION Still Alive 2015The Polish TranslationsSpanish BBU아직도 살아있는 2015아직도 살아있는 2015아직도 살아있는 2015

Published by michaelgcasey

I've updated this today 17th Oct 2019 I'm Michael Casey from Birmingham England, the fat silver haired writer in shades. Beware of Others with the EXACT SAME NAME, they are not me, and would not want to be me ... I've done loads of writing, 1,531,000 Words worth over 30 years now But before I started I LISTENED to BBC Radio 4 for 20 years, from the age of 10 or younger Frank Brown our lodger, went back to County Tyrone and he gifted us his Bush Radio He'd be nearly 100 now if he is still alive, so say a prayer for him 50 years in love with words, and I still look so dashing. I almost immediately had a hit, a play called Shoplife was accepted but not finally produced by a Theatre The Kenneth More Theatre, so thank them for sparing you all. This was back in 1989 I also had other high praise, so I ignore all the nasty negative people who use too much alliteration I also ignore those who just cannot write, making money does not mean you can tell a story Pick your own famous writer, who you avoid Today's world has much print, but a page will not refuse ink, as my dad used to say I tend to write Comedy as I'd rather make you laugh than cry I must have written over 2000 short pieces of writing, yes 2000 My first book ,a full length comedy/drama is The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker You can read translations of it here on this site Up to 7 different languages/translations have been read on the same day via this site, here on Wordpress so you have no excuse, find your own language and read The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker This proves to me that the humour does travel I have readers in over 60 countries now Or its just a hit man on the run, or bored Navy Seals or whatever Unknown Region Means It may also mean that only non English Speakers like my stuff I did get 21,000 readers in 3 weeks for the Polish version of In Search of an Indian Princess which is basically the final 3 chapters of The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker I also had a low budget film producer take a look at it Book Publishers have said I've made the commissioning editor laugh Radio People say they like my style So close but no cigar is the story of my life As for my life, I was a computer operator for a market research company into alcohol sales I also was a concierge and an Esol English teacher in an Islamic school I can always make somebody talk or laugh, I am an 18 stone George Clooney look alike Laugh or Die so to speak I believe my short stories could be used to teach English, just package them up correctly or App them What else, I was brawn and brains, I used to be as strong as an Ox, now I just smell like one We have a cat called Totoro, my daughters wanted a pet I said they could have a dog if I died , or a cat if I had a heart attack. A few weeks after that in Jan 2015 I had an Unplanned Quadruple Heart Bypass , it was supposed to be a triple but it ended up a Quadruple, 33% extra free so to speak. I also have arthritis and other hindrances that hobble my body and give me pain galore. But my mind is free, though having read my stories you may wish I didn't bother But I'll ignore you, and carry on regardless. That's the end of the tidy version of my life, if you want more come and buy me a Stella Artois and all will be revealed. Though 12 pints a year is my ration. To finish here's the list of my 18 books, so far:- 1.The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker 2.Shoplife 3.Essays and Plays 4.Blogs 2011 5.300 and Not OUT 6.Shorts 2013 7.More Shorts 2014 8.Quick Stories 9.Still Alive 2015 10.Undiscovered Words 2016 11.Still Smiling 2017 12.Altogether Now 13.New Horizons 14.14 Up 15.15 Down 16.Sweet Sixteen 17. 17 Again 18. 18 New Views My 19th book will be The 19th Hole and Donald Trump will review it when he resigns https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Casey/e/B00571G0YC to buy ebooks ok, that's your lot, this reads serious, but generally I refuse to be serious, though I do heckle the news for 50 years now TTFN Michael Casey p.s. my email is michaelgcasey@hotmail.com for all praise, I get enough Junk email already

No comments:

A Korean in BIRMINGHAM travelling. something to read for you books of mine in Korean

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...