Sunday 25 August 2024

Going to Mass

Going to Mass (c)

By Michael Casey

I didn't think to write anything, let's where this goes

I am a catholic with a small c

But I do believe in the Universality of it

I was an altar boy and became a reader too

8 years an altar boy and 5 years as a reader maybe

a reader just reads, he does not give a sermon

Saint Patrick's Dudley Rd, opposite the Hospital

that's our home church

and I was head boy at the school behind the church

Lots of demolition and changes

There is a new hospital coming next month

Fancy name

THE GROVE should be the name

as it is in Grove lane

Behind the old Grove Cinema

that's where I used to see films as a child

But back to church

If you get your faith from  the nipple

then its normal and natural

and if you always go to church

to Mass

then you know the stories from the Bible

so when you move to a different area

you have a different church and a different  view on things

my other local church is down the hill from where I am now

and it is the steepest hill in the area

so first there was Lockdown

and Churches shut to save us from Covid

and with my arthritis too

going up and down a very steep hill

is no good

SO internet Mass

I can attend anyplace in UK

and judge the quality of the priests sermons

Some are still not as good as they should be

I have sent emails thanking them for Mass

and no it's not a way of avoiding putting money on the plate

I've ended up in Canada recently

they are very good there

all  kinds of sermons from all kinds of priests

Can be a bit confusing though, Bishop Francis and Pope Francis

both get a mention

but I'm most impressed by Toronto

https://www.youtube.com/dailytvmass

judge for yourselves

and yes, I do donate via my other affiliations

So

I do get my dose of directed prayer

However as I have TINNITUS

I never get enough straight sleep

so times I don't sleep at all

so a Rosary is great to have

to distract and help keep you sane

when Tinnitus is like a never ending Fire Alarm

In my head, ringing, and screaming

So I use my awake time, my dark nights of the soul

To email Moscow, 10 to 20 emails

To remind them to change, and what was said at Fatima

And yes Russians read me, I can tell by the figures

Its time for Ordinary Russians to grow up

Prove they have a Real Faith, not Disney Gazprom Churches

One Million DEAD and Injured for one man's Vanity

and Trillion USD wasted on Putin's Vanity

So say a prayer for the dying, and pray Mary comes 

to the rescue soon

and this I pray constantly with my Rosary

Doesn't make me holy, I'm sure dying Russians and Ukrainians

Pray the Exact same Thing

Please God, enough Putin's war, Mary I beg you

















No comments:

contrast and compare

Stars come out in Atlanta to celebrate Jimmy Carter’s 100th birthday Jimmy Carter doesn’t turn 100 until 1 October, but the red carpet was n...