Sunday 22 April 2018

What is the difference between a Poet and a Prose writer? (c)

What is the difference between a Poet and a Prose writer? (c)
By
Michael Casey

Well a poet evokes a feeling with words and rhyme, though a poem does not have to rhyme. Prose is longer and the writer paints a picture through his words. I'd say the poet via poetry is quicker, the writer has to evoke things by explanation and by telling a tale, perhaps with a list of things. Satchel, tie, blazer and polished shoes = school.
 Sometimes a poem is too complicated you cannot understand it, Japanese have 3 line poems which are very very deep.

 I for one need poetry explained to me.

 Andrew Graham-Dixon  explains Art via his programmes on tv, what I need is a Poet to explain poetry, I feel a tv series is in the making.

 AS for Prose what I do here and on my site 
https://michaelgcaseyfrombirminghamengland.wordpress.com
 I can understand Prose fair enough , but I do know that style can either kill or illuminate things.

 Dan Brown and JK Rowling are very popular but I cannot read them as I don't like their style. Terry Pratchet is another writer I cannot get. 

 Read The Book Thief now that really one of the best books I've ever read in my life. His writing is so poetic.

 Reporters/ Journalists  have a style too, sadly some American journalists have the same dull style. 

The I've seen everything so I'm going to pretend  I'm an undertaker at a funeral. 

Me I think you should talk to your audience, Prose is all about talking, so people are hearing your words, its not a puzzle or an exam, writing should be for the EARS!

www.michaelgcasey.typepad.com   to HEAR me read some of my 1300 to 1700 pieces.




No comments:

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look SO If you have a Phd and are beautiful, you can...