Friday 27 April 2018

Old thoughts from 2010

If you have read Dirk Bogarde books you'll see as a child they played a game where they looked in a shop window and then looked away, then they had to remember what they had seen.
I sometimes played that with my girls.

Dirk Bogarde went on to be a photograpic interpreter during WWII

For my girls it was a bit of fun. They sometimes say I should write children's books, but its knowing where to pitch it thats the hard bit. When I wrote Butcher Baker Undertaker I mentioned Dirk Bogarde in the story as I liked his books so much. That was 20 years ago. In Amadeus "too many notes" was the comment, when I wrote of HB in my book I said / through Patrick " his sentences were a bit too long, or dense".

I watched Sherlock on tv the modern version and really loved/blogged it. So I did try and reread SH but I found that I could not, yes you've guessed it, the sentences were too dense.
Sometime the memory should be left alone, because rereading/revisiting it destroys the love that was there.

Same goes for holiday memories. Though I don't think we should all become American tourists, Tuesday must be Rome etc. I remember in 2000 when I was in Shanghai JJ brought me to a restaurant for some English food, there was a gang of 10 US tourists. All playing mental snap, and guess what they should have stayed in Spingfield, they were little america, they were not in Shanghai at all.

Enough, I've bored you enough, don't stay near your monitor or you may get my cold, hopefully I'll lose it before I go back to my temping.

Michael



p.s. Thank you President Xi, without you today would not have happened in Korea.

https://www.amazon.com/Michael-Casey/e/B00571G0YC   

No comments:

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look SO If you have a Phd and are beautiful, you can...