Thursday 29 March 2018

Love and Chocolate from 2003 before our 2nd daughter arrived

Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com   13/june/2003


The child in me , was always there , but the child in me is the child of mine fast asleep in the rocking chair . Her mum fast asleep beside her , another child swims around inside my wife’s belly waiting for his call to centre stage when he is ready to appear . So though I want to stay a child its time for me to grow up , but I decided I won’t . I’ll stay a child too , I’ll be a big kid , a 40 something big kid . Why waste my life being all grown up , I want to enjoy childhood forever and that is what I’ll teach my kids . Be a child forever , refuse to grow up , be a kid forever . Its more fun that way , why give up chocolate and pop ,just for grown up beer or wine and just an occasional treat . I know what tastes better , its pop and Cadbury’s , so I refuse to grow up . If I encourage my children to do the same then they’ll always have that quality that’ll make them different , more interesting than the bland “grown up “ qualities of adults , the pretend attitudes , the hidden lusts . Just be open and natural , that’s what I believe in and I hope my children will follow this example . Sure I want them to be clever and go to  great universities and even win a Nobel Prize , but the greatest prize is a family love , a simple , perhaps even naïve love , which is based on the love of pop and chocolate .





No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...