Friday 9 February 2018

YSL Yves Saint Laurent docu-drama

YSL   Yves Saint Laurent     docu-drama

Just watched Docu-drama in French with English subtitles about YSL

I watched a documentary about Karl Lagerfeld a few years ago and wrote about that, so tonight I decided to watch this about YSL.

The French would call him a pieds noires as his family was in Algeria. He also had a breakdown and had a bad time. the story tonight  really was a Love Story, how his partner loved him and tried to protect him.

Drugs did enter his life and in the docu-drama, there was a line when his partner threaten one bad influence, along the lines of I'll kill you if you ever lead YSL astray with the  drugs again.

Creatively YSL was probably a genius, 50 years in the game. In the film all the stuff they bought together was sold off as it had too many memories for his gay partner when YSL died.

My wife and me watched with interest as the film told YSL's story and showed the Fashion too.

My wife as you know is a Shanghai girl, and she will look good in a 5 dollar top, making it look 500.
Though she does also have very fancy clothes.
So Watching the Fashion together was very interesting.

I did look at my best today as I had  showered and shaved and trimmed the side of my hair above the ears, so much so that my doctor said I looked young, when I saw her today. If she had seen me the day before she would have thought I was a tramp. I was wearing my blue fleece with white polar bears on. We still are having our cold winter here in Birmingham.

So talk to your wife about fashion and try and see the creativity behind it, or just watch The Devil Wears Prada on video.

It was the loyal boyfriend/lover/business partner who helped YSL reach his dreams.
I just hope all of us straight or gay or any which way finds somebody to support us like that.

I haven't got any YSL or any fashionable clothes really, I let my wife and 2 daughters do that.

But we should thank YSL and all Fashion people for making the ones we love look even better.
Which reminds me the comedy The Seamstress was on tv last night and that was good too.

Now look at the photos of oh so fashionable me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Casey/e/B00571G0YC

https://www.blogger.com/profile/08360300604946924721




























https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Casey/e/B00571G0YC

No comments:

HONG KONG pay me

HONG KONG pay me I see you reading avidly so buy a book on Amazon that way you can pay me a few pennies https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Mich...