Thursday 15 February 2018

Style in Poetry

Style in Poetry(c)
By
Michael Casey

I just spotted a poem and had a read, it had a particular style
The poem was good, but not the kind I'd really enjoy
Words should be  a Joy not a Ploy made from Toys

Sometimes I use this or that method, other times I'm plain blunt.

Natural Speech is Best as far as I am concerned,

watching a film I'll shout at the TV , WRITER'S SPEAK.

People don't speak  as Writer's write, and for me it really does stand out like a sore thumb

When somebody says Mrs Smith is dead.

I didn't know, when did that happen?

IS NOT THE REPLY.

Its

 What, Mrs Smith, the fat lady in the red coat, always pulling at her waist, as if her knicker elastic was bust ?

Yes, her.
But she was nice, or she was a right old bag, or I'm glad I really hated her.

YOU GET REAL WORDS not Writer's words. Especially on Radio.

So when I hear dialogue I always think THAT'S  RUBBISH.

or that's really good, that's touching.

Words go in circle as well.

Do you want a drink? What have you got. Water or Wine. Wine will be fine. This is nice where did you get it  from? A leaving present. They sacked me today. Just gave me a bottle of wine and said get lost.

What? I've spilt my drink now. Make sure you don't ruin my new carpet.

But, but why?

I was only joking, can yuo put your phone away and come to bed, you can be my hot water bottle.

See my dialogue is more natural. There is a ding and then a dong, a ping and then a pong. It is not intellectual. And that's what you get from me. Hopefully all of you all over the world enjoy it that way. Otherwise you wouldn't be reading this in the middle of the night on the hotel computer or in the building where you are doing security. Or maybe you are NSA or North Korean Spies, I don't know. I just wish you all bought my books so I can move house, but really I'll settle for all your prayers as Health is the only Wealth.

p.s. Happy Chinese New Year to everybody from Panzi (my chinese name)












No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...