Tuesday 26 September 2017

Don't be too quick to judge

Don't be too quick to judge (c)
By
Michael Casey

I was talking to my local shopkeeper who works 16+ hours a day in his shop.

He seems to think I'm the idle rich, ok just idle as I have no money.

My wife supports me as I couldn't work a real job due to all my weaknesses or

illnesses.

SO he and others just think I'm the joker they see buying stuff in their stores.

They don't know about the decades of hard physical work I did, the 12 hour

shifts, including 12 hour night shifts.

the 14 years of night shifts.

They don't know of the 3 years of visiting my dad every single day in the old

 people's home on my way to work, and then at weekends

They don't know  of my life and my battles of my family and our battles.

They don't know of the 30 years of writing, the stories don't write themselves.

They just don't know, they just don't care, they just want cheap shots everywhere.

I try and enjoy every day despite my pain, I try and sleep a night without screaming aloud in pain.

No not every day, nor every night, but far too many to mention.

Having to nap because the energy is drained from me is an indignity , and no I'm

not asking for pity.

I have to accept my life for what it is, and make the most of a bad body, a weak

body that'll not live a long life.

So please don't stick that knife in me, I have more than enough pain already.

Pray that I can outlive all the pain and see my girls grown and graduate, for I

have more that enough on my plate without ignorant hate.

*******


No comments:

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look SO If you have a Phd and are beautiful, you can...