Thursday 12 October 2023

And God Wept

And God Wept (c)

By Michael Casey

if I were a poet I could write something beautiful

If I were a poet I could say something eloquent

If I were a poet I would stop crying

If I were a poet I could touch the heart

If I were a poet I could ask why oh why

If I were a poet I could explain everything with words

If I were a poet I would not scream why

If I were a poet I would ask why do people do such things to their brother

If I were a poet I would try and comfort a mother

If I were a poet it would be easier to explain things

But I am just a weak weak man,  I am just a nothing

So what can I say, what can I do

How can I explain God's creation 

How can I explain anything

It is all beyond me

So all that is left is the sound of God crying

Tears from Heaven falling down to the ground

How many more times will man hurt his brother

How many more millenium before

God will say enough

And then still with tears falling

God will say

I cannot take it any more

Too many tears in Heaven

have fallen on my creation

my beloved earth



No comments:

May is the month of Mary

May is the Month of Mary Posted by michaelgcasey 09/05/2024 Posted in Uncategorized who we all love so well Meanwhile in Moscow a Parade to ...