Sunday 14 May 2023

Time Trial. 30 mins, natural finish so i did not do more

Time Trial ©

By
Michael Casey

Well it’s Sunday 14th May 2023, and Putin is bombing Eurovision, and Trump continues to lie, they have not joined an Abba Tribute Band yet, even though I did write such a story a few years ago.

I’ve been lying down on the sofa behind my desk as the Tinnitus roared, and shoulder pain galore, the usual for my life. I’ve had some meat, as I feel weak without a bit of meat in me. So, I’ve had some beef and put a new collar on Totoro our cat, as the pink one with two bells has gone. Now I’m going to see if I can write a new piece, before I need to go to the lavatory which is often due to my CKD. And if you read Johnny No Friends you can read a comedy I wrote all about it, where the wind of change saves the day. I looked down 160 words now, at 10 to 10 in the evening, so let’s see if I can write something new for you all in an hour, I used to be able to do that.  

As the kettle boiled I thought of it, a watched kettle never boils after all. And time moves on. So here we go. When we are young, and in my head I’m 20, so that explains some things about me. As you get older you get boring, you not me. I’ll always be just me. Yesterday for example I left the Post Office and a young lad was in a car with the music blaring, his window wound down. So, I moved within eye view and started dancing, just my arms, just like Sam Smith in his Abby Rd, 3rd album, where he says pretend to be in a gay bar. So, there was I, dancing like a queen, the music was so loud, and Eurovison was on later. The driver smiled and drove on when the lights changed from red. He hooted 3 times, so was that approval for my dancing queen act.  Two stay Indian pedestrians laughed, but I said it had to be done, so I did it. Abba have got a lot to answer for, or maybe just me.

Now as you get older you won’t do that, but I intend being ME, not you, in all things I do. Or if you are Religious, in all things Love, and that’s the way to be. Stop and talk to a stranger, though soon you get a reputation, and people avoid you. But they are white entitled people, so are they worth your spit in the first place? We are a Human Race after all, and it’s by talking to each that we pass the time and it is not a trial.

I hear far too many say I’m bored, but they could not be bothered to talk to each other. Without studying Anthropology, as my daughter does. I can tell you, cultures based on food are more fun, I’d rather go around to their house. Cultures where people sit closer and touch each other, which ironically meant more Covid when that was around, those cultures are far nicer. Pick your own favourites.

Ditto with Music, a culture with music, singing, chanting and dancing, they know how to use time and enjoy it. Time is more than sand falling from the hour glass of our life to our guaranteed death. Time is for us to use, and feel the rhythm of life, which reminds me of the very old Dave Allen joke, about the Jewish drummer so good at the rhyme method he became an honorary catholic.  Use time, don’t waste it, never say you are bored. Be a cat, I’ve just let Totoro out by the way, now with an orange collar, look at the Queen, whether they dance or not. Life is a box of chocolates, just don’t eat too many.



1st cat is a clone, NOT ours SCRUFFY




2nd cat is Totoro, our cat FLUFFY


diy haircut 

No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...