Tuesday 31 July 2018

why do kids stop up till 3am?

why do kids stop up till 3am?

it's school holidays so my pigs were up till 3am, probably binge watching Riverdale or something else. The pain monster has come out to play, arthritis and post bypass pain,  otherwise life is good. I met a new neighbour, he's over 2 metres tall and bigger than the Rock. And guess what he was the porter who took me down for my operation 3.5 years ago. So life really is a circle.

I checked my other site and South Korea is having a read, so hello to them, yesterday it was Japan. Hello to Russia as well, and to whoever is reading the Italian Translation of The Butcher, The Baker and The Undertaker my 600page comedy drama which I finished originally on 29/2/1988  then a couple of years later I expanded it from 200 odd pages to the 600. And yes I only ever make one draft, as rewrites are so boring, I am not Jeffery Archer. Though he has a Monet on his wall, I just have scratched wallpaper from where Totoro our cat stretches.


Finally thanks to Google for the Translations, I am not a Linguist, just a  bit of spoken French and Spanish, though I did do 5 years of Latin. I'll try and write something new for you all, ok for the bored hotel worker in Thailand, who was reading my stuff the other day, and all the late night readers all over the world.
Perhaps crew on ships worldwide could use my stories to teach English to themselves, it is still the International Language. There's another mustard seed for you.


here's a piece from 8 years ago to keep you going.

Read My Mind ©


By

Michael Casey

I just read in the Sunday paper that soon they’ll be able to read my mind, everybody’s mind. A computer firm is scanning brains so that in future you can control your computer with just a thought.

“Where do you do to my lovely when you’re alone and in your bed, tell me the thoughts that surround you” as Peter Sarstead sung in the old and very good song.*

Now the song was a great song, perhaps they’ll play it on Magic again soon.
But our thoughts are private like the sunglasses of our mind. They ring fence our brain and keep strangers out, they hide our boredom when at Company events, the same speech and the same director laughing at his own jokes while as one we all think “what a plonker”. A whole hall wishing he’d stop so we could get on with the entertainment, free bar and circus.

Politicians lie, we all think they do, and if we could read their minds we’d all throw cabbages at them, or eggs or just manifestos. We heard what Gordon really though of that lady and it helped lose the Election for him. Then the apology shambles, you cann’t take back something like that. If somebody could read Gordon’s mind they would have dived in to save him before he even said it. Politicians need to be clear but they never are. Why have clarity when you can have deniability. Let’s just wish Gordon a good relaxing next 5 years.

But what of you and what of me. You see a girl, you see a boy, you’ve got your shades on, you take a good hard look, the object of your attention cannot see your eyes, you try and look cool and not move your head an inch. But you lust after him, you lust after her. Choose your own words as to what you are thinking, or are you lusting. Well they’ll never know because they cannot read your mind. But  if they could, they’d be a few slapped faces that’s  for sure. Or they’d be a few sudden    snogs in doorways and in bus shelters or on the top decks of buses. And all because we can read each other’s minds. Perhaps in the future the gismo to read minds would be attached to your shades, so you’d look cool while they drool.

What about your mum if she could read your mind? She’d be sending you to bed without supper, she’d scream and shout “get out of my house.”
What about old gran and granddad, they’d know what you really think of them. Do you love them or are you just playing along to get their money when they die.
Reading Minds is a dangerous thing, we need protection from ourselves, a stray  spoken word can hurt, but luckily our words are locked up in our minds and they can be chosen and picked and used with caution. But if they were there all naked in front of us, no nuances, no clarification then we’d all be in big trouble. I believe we think

 4 times faster than we speak, but speech is our filter so that we DO pick the right words, we don’t say the wrong thing. Reading Minds can be dangerous, yes it would be great if you could walk down the road and have all the girls dreaming of you, but what if you were walking down the road and you could heard everybody’s  inner voice saying I hate you. What You Don’t Know Cann’t Hurt You, so as far as I’m concerned I’ll Leave Fortune Telling  to Gypsies. 


https://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Casey/e/B00571G0YC








No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...