Wednesday 16 September 2020

Eastern Talent, Eastern Beauty

 

Eastern Talent, Eastern Beauty

Eastern Talent Eastern Beauty ©

By

Michael Casey

This is a piece of writing I should never write, never ever write

As you know I love Kdramas

I love the East

My wife was a Shanghai girl

So I always look East

Now as I read the news I read of yet another Death

We all love our Stars, they entertain us and we really Love them

But we can also break them

So offer Love and Peace to our stars

Sadly as I read the Press I see “dead eyes” not the “cool” look

But the actual “dead eyes”

The Eyes are the Mirror of the Soul

Sadness is always revealed in the eyes

So Please Please Please everybody

Everybody especially in the East, Japan, Korea, Taiwan

And China too and everywhere that way

Let your stars have a bad hair day

Let them look normal and not Picture Perfect

Let them just be like you and just like me

To preserve their Sanity

As for the stars I suggest they have a “scruffy friend”

The door man or the street cleaner outside their building

A glimpse of reality amongst all the makeup

Somebody in tattered clothes who can never afford quality

Because a real friend is a real friend, not a star vying for popularity

And if you are in the Star Business, a better friend is outside that world

And if you need help then get help

Help is not in a bottle, nor in a needle, or up your nose

You need to keep yourself grounded so you can fly

If you like, be like a  kite, have somebody at the end of that string

Somebody you trust/respect/love who’ll tug you down and guide you

When you get  too close to the sun

If you are lucky very lucky you can do that yourself

But in reality, everybody needs somebody or something

So whatever life brings, you are not alone

If you see the sad eyes in the mirror when you comb your hair

Then do something about it

Sing a song, eat chocolate, and if they stay then you may need

To have a break, have a getaway

Sad eyes, dead eyes, are your very soul warning you

Be careful, be happy, don’t be sad, call a friend or call out  to your God

But don’t let the sad eyes stay, you need help in some way

It  may be just a passing cloud, as poets write

But if the clouds linger, then you need to be humble enough

To ask for help, and never lie to yourself

Ask and Light will come, just turn on that switch. 

me and our cat, she is even whiter than me

No comments:

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996

Today 12th May has been my Mother's 28th year in Heaven she died in 1996 one of her friends is 99 now another died at 99 a third is in t...