Sunday 26 January 2020

On this day I choose to be happy

On this day I choose to be happy

Today it's the anniversary of my dad's death

18 years ago, he had an egg and asked for a 2nd

when his 2nd breakfast egg arrived he has already gone

when my sister came with the news I howled

like a puppy being beaten with an iron bar

for a full hour.

Yesterday in Indonesia I think somebody

was reading My Dad my Best Friend

so you an all find and read that too.

Find and read Padre Pio and Me  too  on the sites

BUT BACK TO THE THEME

We choose to be happy

Yes things happen and they can break our spirit

But not for ever

I once found the How I Can Make this Day Count "poem"

So I cut it out and framed it.

I did not even know it was the AA motto

I thought it was just a good motto

I also cut out a Caravaggio  Xmas scene

and had that on my mantelpiece next to the AA poem

I had not even heard of Andrew Graham Dixon

he's Britain's best Art expert, go google him, he's always

available for work. A kind of jobbing Art Expert, a la bona

Duncan and Sandy  art aspirations. I hope he's smiling or I'll

be through a canvas.

Anyway let's be happy, so we cannot afford $500,000,000 for a nice

piece to adorn our walls, and we can't get Andrew Graham Dixon, so good I name dropped him twice. So we have a 10p cardboard biscuit tin winter scene hanging on our bedroom wall inside a plastic bag from your Yfronts. Well that's what I've had these past 50 years. I do change my Yfronts and the plastic bag occasionally. But that 10p cardboard biscuit tin winter scene means so much to me, more that the $500,000,000 nice piece the Russian guy has on his wall, or the Monet that famous writer has on his wall, so famous I've forgotten his name, now I remember that Archer guy, yes I really forgot for a second. The Movelat pain killer has not kicked in yet, so forgive me Jeffery.

So let's all strive to be happy, today, even if we are thinking about our dear dead dad. Because your dad, my dad, or even Our Father who Art in Heaven, dad would like us all to be happy, why be sad , why worry , because worry is useless, as Padre Pio used to say.

So this is what I've written for you all this morning, and yes the INTERLUDE IS OVER, so are you ready to READ and be READ to. Come on, I cannot hear, you, YES say YES. On your marks get set, bookmarkers at the ready.
The fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham is back at his desk, still wearing the same sweaty string vest, but soon it'll be curtains  for him, IF only he/I can find a man to put a curtain rail up. So bona curtain rail sticker uppers a la Duncan and Sandy do come, and lol by and stick it up, not up my jumper but on the wall. So just knock my knockers, and then I'll have curtains, and that'll be the end of that, just don't trip over the cat.

Michael CASEY  26TH JAN 2020









No comments:

A Korean in BIRMINGHAM travelling. something to read for you books of mine in Korean

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...