Tuesday 15 May 2018

The Hangers On

The Hangers On (c)
By
Michael Casey

Are you going?
Of Course.
Did you get an invite?
No.
Me neither.
But we'll go anyway.
Of course.
We'll barge our way in.
Hide in the crowd.
And enjoy the Theatre.
And the food.
And the wine.
Especially the wine.
His bread is always good.
You are easily pleased.
I like his wine.
It's always the best.
Even at the very end he does give great wine.
Duck.
We were nearly spotted then.
We'd have missed out on a great feed.
Pass me more wine.
Here's some bread to soak up the wine.
What's the after dinner entertainment like?
Oh its good, always is.
Keeps it simple but always interesting.
Does he do any party tricks too?
Sometimes, he doesn't like to be pushed too much.
If it happens it happens.
I hope it happens tonight.
This wine is great.
It flows like water.
I just love this bread too.
What's the main dish?
Fish.
Fish is nice, I love a bit of fish.
Though I prefer some nice lamb.
Duck.
Let's sneak out before they catch us.
Where was he tonight?
I was too busy eating and drinking.
Me too I think we missed him.
Quick lets sneak up that alley.
Isn't that him up ahead.
He's surrounded by security.
Who does he think he is?
He's just a magician.
Yes he's just a magician.
Yes, but a very good one.
Where is he going now?
Careful, I nearly slipped on the pavement.
They need to fix it.
Yes they should fix it.
Why is he lying down now?
Tired after too much wine and tricks no doubt.
Why are they pulling his clothes off?
Another one of his tricks maybe.
That's not nice.
Is it a trick with a pole?
They are lifting the pole and putting it in a slot.
What's that on his head, a crown or something?
Let's get closer?
I wish we didn't get close.
What have they done to him?
He was just a street entertainer.
What does the sign say above his head?
Is it advertising?
I cannot read.
Me neither.
Let's ask security.
No let's run away.
The sky has gone all dark.
I don't feel very well.
He's crying out.
I'm scared.
I'm so very scared too.
All he did was heal the sick and feed the crowd with food and words.
Now look what have they done to him.
Where are all his friends now?
What's the chanting in the background?
Crucify him, crucify him.
The hangers on left him.
As they walked away the shadow of the cross covered them.
The hangers on were healed of their leprosy.


No comments:

HONG KONG pay me

HONG KONG pay me I see you reading avidly so buy a book on Amazon that way you can pay me a few pennies https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Mich...