Sunday 1 December 2019

Why the tears again

Why the tears again? (c)
By
Michael Casey

There is much in the world to make us all cry, the Political situation for one, pick your own country. Pick the rulers who don't rule but dictate. I was watching a Rolling Stones documentary on their South America tour, which ended up in Cuba. What I did not know was just how important their music, The Rolling Stones music was as a sign of Resistance big and small,  going to jail just because you played their music. Rock and Roll actually banned in some countries for years. In 1920s/1930s Ireland my mother told me the song Down Mexico Way was condemned by the priest, but I never knew the Repression against Music in South America.

So as I watched the Stones on tour it was an eye opener, I would recommend the film highly. Music has so much power, that's why leaders fear it. We can all remember in Casablanca when the anthem is sung. It brings tears to our eyes, if we are not dead already, dead in the heart, dead in the spirit. I just came back from the shops and I'd spotted somebody was reading a Hebrew translation of something, I don't know what it was because it was all in Hebrew, if I cut and past translate back to my English then I'll know, it was from 2016. Then at the end I'd written in English  that I hoped they all liked it. Then I said I had a story idea where a little old Jewish lady, Esther, or did I misspell it as Ester, where the only Jew in a room full of Gentiles at a celebration saved the day via singing, though there was one other Jew in the room, it's all in Nights in Malta, you can find it on my site.

Now the point is that when I read that it  made me cry because the memories of the story, the pictures came flooding back, and as I write Will Young is singing behind me, and sometimes as I write, the word I type is the exact same one that he or any other singer is singing. Yes we are in harmony, my typed words and the singers words in the song. Yes  really, and this happens frequently, too frequently for coincidence alone.

So make of that what you want, and I'm making mistakes in my typing now as I explain this to you. Cross harmony galore if you like, and do watch Pitch Perfect 3 as it's very funny. Tears come because memories come back, in my case a story idea, the mental pictures I have as Esther saves the day, as I write I can almost see how it will transfer from my mind to the screen, that's why one site is called Cartoons made from Words. If I do it right then as you read you can  see the pictures in your own mind, maybe I just write screenplay pitches. I have yet to have a Film Producer or TV  Producer take me  under his wing, but Spielberg I'm ready.

Touching tears is the greatest thing I could do, by making you think at a more human level, past your prejudices and past your pain, so you can laugh till you cry. Or you cry because you remember a shared past, a shared pain. And then you can go forward in harmony.








and  no I don’t plan these, they just flow, maybe I’m an incontinent writer, though I’d say a writer for all Continents.

No comments:

4799 here' s a tip

 here's a tip if you are burning rubbish in your garden and you can see  other people's washing out what would you do? a. knock door...