Tuesday 20 June 2017

A Moment of Silence in a Busy World

A Moment Of Silence in a Busy World ©

By Michael Casey

I was going to write this in 2016, I just put the title down but never wrote the actual piece, I found it last night when I wanted to put something on my site without writing a new piece as I was too tired. I have to pace myself nowadays, I am at my best when I am striding up the road to the shops, just like John Travolta, though obviously looking much much better. But I have my computer and I can still write and sometimes delight you all.

That’s the context,  I also have a German invasion of my site at the moment so thanks to them ist serh Gutt, if they forgive my bad German. Maybe I’ll be a Cult in Germany too. Now to today’s chat, A Moment of Silence in a Busy World. This is exactly what we need in UK at the moment, Silence in a Busy World. Ask Theresa May, I’m sure she will agree.

When you’ve had a busy day at work, or just taken the dogs for a walk, we have a couple who are dog walkers in my street, then shoes off and feet up is really really appreciated. After the arguing is over, in Politics or in the home, a period of silence or reflection is always good. You hide in your bedroom and maybe listen to music, or just curl up into a ball, and let the silence wash over you and absolve your anger/sins/hate.

Later on, maybe in the middle of the night you sneak down stairs to the fridge, there you meet your sister, no words are exchanged. But you hand her a bottle of Stella Artois and you toast your sisterhood. Hoping dad won’t be angry that his student daughters have had the Stella Artois he was saving for the MU match.
Then you put the telly on and watch the Kardasians together. Silently watching the telly, all sins are forgotten and the love levels return to maximum. 

If anybody says a bad word about my sister I’ll knock their block off, I am a judo black belt after all. My last boyfriend left a black mark in my heart, it was he who taught me judo, Putin was his nickname, as he was always Putin everybody on the floor, on the mat.  It was my sister, my best friend sat beside me who put me together again.

So here sat in the silence together, we are one, united, we are sisters. I did return the favour when that bastard Barry broke her heart. I broke his nose and arm in fact. I threw him as hard as I could straight into a letter box, his blood adding to the colour of the letter box. I did call an ambulance, I am not an animal, but he took his punishment like a man, he’d never live it down that a girl had beaten him up. So he said he tripped.

I’m  happy now, content, me and my sister united as one, this Stella Artois is not very nice, we prefer Baileys, we would pour it down the sink, but its a sin to waste food or Stella Artois, so we’ll have to finish it, even if it takes two whole episodes of the Kardasians. Hick

Peace after the storm, make up and chill with a beer and the Kardasians, or just sit together doing nothing, just being together alone and in love. Love has its many many forms, but after the Noise whatever form that Noise takes a Moment of Silence in a Busy World is always the medicine. Failing that watch the MU match on tv with your daughters, and what’s left of your Stella Artois from the fridge.




annie eve in Augest with new bags  my teenagers a few years ago

No comments:

It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England

 this might explain to you all It's me Michaelgcasey@hotmail.com the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England I decide...