Friday 26 August 2016

Pain and Prayer

Pain and Prayer ©
By Michael Casey

Let my Pain be my Prayer
Let my Screams be the Chorus
Let my Pills be the Verse
Let my Winces be my Supplication
Let my Pain bitten lips be my Hope
Let Sleepless Eyes be my Testament
Let my Aching Limbs be my Mantra
Let the Ringing in my ears be my Peel of Prayer
Let the stabs of pain in my heart reach high heaven
Let the fog of pain in my brain be lifted by God’s Grace
Let me down from my cross because you have already been on yours.


**** sorry for reposting this but today is a pain day, and if Laborore es Orare then my poem is valid.

for those who don't know I had an unplanned quadruple heart bypass 18 months ago, plus I have the joys of Arthur my arthritis

No comments:

Hopelessness and Prayer a repeat plus Birmingham is Ballet

Election Day 2nd May  Wednesday 23 November 2016 Hopelessness and Prayer Hopelessness and Prayer © By Michael Casey We all pray in our own w...