Saturday 13 August 2016

Hello Portugal

For some reason Portugal has suddenly started to like my writing.


Is it ExPats  I have no idea, but please buy a book or all 10 for your Kindle, a few are on paper too just click on the previous post. or below.


About 40 reads in a day. I also have 10+ other countries worldwide reading my stuff.
So thank you, all of you world wide.

It really does cheer me up after a pain day/night. My surgery scars throb and hurt, and Arthur my arthritis comes out to play too.

I am creating a jigsaw in my mind that'll become Tears for a Butcher a 600 page comedy novel which continues the story of The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker. I was still learning to write nearly 30 years ago when I wrote BBU. Then I wrote a play about a store closing down called Shoplife in 1988, during the Atlanta games if I remember correctly.  There is a scene were a bottle of whisky is held aloft like an Olympic torch, that came about because the games were on.This was accepted for production by a professional theatre in May 1989 but in the end it did not happen.

I put all my stuff in a file Total Michael Casey on my desktop and I have reached 902,000 words
My aim is to hit 1,000,000 words, might take till Christmas 2017. My kids want me to write 29 books, as in 29 dresses the film. That way I won't die on them, I was 2 hours from death post surgery as my heart beat went to 230 a minute.

I don't plan what to write I just think of a title or one presents itself when I look out the window or I spot something in Aldi. Then I set off and in about an hour I have something.  I started writing 30 years ago and LISTENED to BBC Radio4 for 20 years before that, so 50 years in total, yes I know I look 25, but on a bad day I feel 95, though in my head I'm 20. I would not sit down and write Tears for a Butcher unless I had access to a Legal Secretary, because they type like the wind and I could just dictate it, it'd be able to do it in 3 months. They are faster than Hussain Bolt in their field.

Ok, I'll shut up now, I hope you tell Japan and Korea to try my stuff, perfect for learning English via humour.

TTFN  Michael Casey 13 August 2016




No comments:

from 7 years ago, ITCH plus for KOREA, in reverse. order

Wednesday 6 December 2017 14th June 2023  well had my BT today, hoping I'll stick at 25 for GFR I  don't fancy being plugged in 3 ti...