Sunday 6 November 2022

What do you see?

 What do you see?

by

Michael Casey

You look in the mirror and see your reflection

I look at you and see through you

You are a window, a sheet of glass

I can see inside of you

You look and see yourself only in the mirror

I look inside you and see the soul within

You tidy your hair and think which way to hold it

I look inside you, your hair does not matter at all

You think are you getting fatter or are you too thin

I look within and you are just right

You wish you were taller or smaller

I just see perfection within

You think about your clothing

I just see your smile

You think about your colour matching

I just see all the colours of the rainbow within

You think which shoes match these clothes

I just see everything including your perfect nose

You look sideways does you bum stick out

I laugh, you are a product of genes after all

You pluck one last eyebrow

I smile, so much messing with perfection

You wonder will it be a rejection again

I hope you remember you are never rejected by me

You hope you'll get the job, the man, the whatever

I laugh out loud now, does it really matter

You take one final look in the mirror

I smile again, for I am not a mirror

I am looking  through a window into your soul

For I am your dad

or Abba as Jesus said

******



well its been a while since i wrote a new new piece

so I hope you like it





No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...