Saturday 31 December 2016

Discovering Music

Discovering Music (c)
By Michael Casey

I entered a random search on Spotify, Pio, and I'm amazed by what I'm hearing. First was The Maccabees and Marks to Prove It, now I'm listening to Interpol and Our Love to Admire, both are really excellent. I won't go down the track list grooving away as I listen to  each song. It just proves new  things can be discovered, even by random means. And why did I enter Pio? Well because I was thinking about Padre Pio, I'm in a lot of pain this morning so I thought I could emphasise with him.

There's a peaceful piano piece playing now, and it's not from my neighbour next door, nor have my daughters decided to play the piano beside me, so I've stumbled my way into something nice, and if you remembered the story yesterday, Mark Harris said I was a good stumbler. If I mention his name ever again in a story then you'll all have to buy him free Stella Artois for life, but don't forget the Walkers cheese and onion crisps, he does have standards after all, unlike me, what you see is what you get.

So why is music is so special? I am tempted to share the obvious joke about the Jewish drummer being so good at the rhythm method being made an honorary catholic. But you can ignore that sentence if you have no Jewish nor Catholic friends, or if you have 2 left feet, or are tone deaf, or just deaf, or have no sense of humour or are too PC. Or are a Politician not knowing which way to jump.

Politicians should be good with music as they try and march to the beat of history. Led Zepplin would have been great Politicians but their fans would be too drunk to do any marching or following. The Germans in the 1930s just loved a good tune and marching, and see how that turned out.Now we have the cheese eater in North Korea and his people just love to march, but they are marching to stay alive, not for fun. Back in the West we have Trump's inauguration .

Nobody wants to sing for Trump, though Putin has offered to sing for him, he'll even roll over and let Trump rub his belly, Pavlov dog if you like, but who would be the real master? The Russian State Singers and Dancers might  . Perhaps we'll have the Russian Ballet come too, or the North Korean ensemble could come too. An international peace and reconciliation  inauguration, Trump could say it was all part of his plan.

What will the music be like? Martial, Loud and Proud, a bit like a Friday night in a gay bar, but not half as much fun, no Abba, no fun. There's a thought perhaps Abba should be asked to perform, everybody loves Abba after all. Abba for Trump's inauguration, we could start a hashtag. Though somehow I think they would not turn up. So a Tribute band will have to do, these tribute bands can be really really good. I saw the conterfeit Stones once at the Alex in Birmingham, now they were excellent.

So together we have sorted out Trump's inauguration show. It will be a series of tribute bands from Vegas, the National Mall is so big that nobody will spot the difference. As for Trump he may have a stand in for himself, he's not going to stand around in the cold, he may even stay home in NY while everything else goes on in DC. Mike Pence can catch a cold, or Donald may just play video games with Barron, then just dash out for the oath. Or he may just pay Alec Baldwin to do the whole show, 1,400 dollars is cheap  price to pay then he can have some precious time with Barron.

So I hope you will all try Pio as a Spotify search,  you could read about Padre Pio too, the music is really good, and all new to me, but best of all together we have sorted out the Music for Trump's Inauguration. See I am a really good stumbler, will somebody please buy Mark Harris a pint of Stella Artois, he's singing Abba songs again, I'm off to my Waterloo.











No comments:

tinnitus 6 may 2024

tinnitus so bad today it's the barometric pressure in my head with a side order of shoulder pain so I am a Tortured Poet and Taylor did ...