Wednesday 9 November 2016

Sudden Changes in Your Life



Sudden Changes in Your Life ©

By Michael Casey

Back in 1977 around this time of year my life changed suddenly, my dad would have been 56 at the time, I’m a couple of years old than that now, though much younger looking, well in my imagination anyway, if not in the mirror. As I speak I’m sat in my chair in my house PJs and dressing gown, trying to stay warm before I tidy myself up and go off to Aldi. I even got an  unopened email from somebody from Aldi saying they were trying to contact me, but it’s probably a hoax as I only use my Hotmail account.

I remember my dad shaving in the kitchen sink, as our bathroom was so cold, he was offering me reassurance that something good would turn up. It did a   21 year job as a computer operator. It was 6 months before I got my big job, so I spent my time reading and listening to music. In them days every Thursday and The Birmingham Evening Mail was when the new batch of jobs came out, there was no such thing as online job adverts.

The sudden change altered the course of my life, for the better, my last day at that job was in fact my dad’s birthday. He has so strong, as was mum, but they had to be. Now today is the day after the night before, and I’ll follow the 1st President Bush’s Prayers, he left a note for the next president saying he was praying and cheering on the future president, as we all should, because we all want USA to be prosperous and kind.

So what would I say to Donald, nothing really, as he and I share one thing, we can only be ourselves. I would say take time to breath, as I say to my daughters 5 seconds of thought before you open your mouth, or 5 seconds to look about to view the situation before  you speak or act is what makes the difference between a rash man and a wise man. Just 5 seconds.

I’ve worked in a hotel so I know that you have to react quickly, I tell my girls they should work in a hotel for 6 months  it’ll teach them life skills.  Donald knows all about hotels so if he has learnt all the skills then really he should be well equipped to be a President. Yes I have reservations, no pun intended, but if he has knowledge of all the aspects of a hotel, from doorman to General Manager then he has a great skill set. If he’s just a financier and no knowledge of how to work on the floor in a hotel, then I just hope he has a good crew.

 As for Donald’s son, who looks so tall, I’d just say don’t be disappointed that the White House is not as plush as Trump Tower, ok for you it might be like slumming it, though Pres. Bush did say it was like a  7star hotel. Stay grounded and don’t let everything overwhelm you, even if dad is so rich, though only ½  as rich as he claims, 4 big ones is still a lot richer than I’ll be. I don’t know will dad and the secret service allow you to have sleepovers, but you should ask, and ring up Prince Harry for advice on how to handle things. Or even ask Obama’s girls, that’s if they’ll talk to you.

With sudden changes you have to have something that stays the same, like your old slippers that you have by your bed, or your gloves and scarf, or the 1st watch you were given. There is always the need for continuity, so everything  is not alien, brand new things are nice, but not all the time, your mum and dad’s love should be the best and biggest thing you treasure.

When dad asks what’s new today, impress me son, as you have face time together. You might be asked for opinions on your mum’s latest fashion or help her with cross word puzzles, whatever it is in the Trump household that binds you together. I used to sit on the top step of the stairs and have a “social” with my mum before finally going to bed when I was 10 or so years old, it was a fixed point of love in my day. Now nearly 50 years on my young daughter gives me a goodnight kiss, even though sometimes I have not shaved that day.

A simple fixed point of private family time is so very important when everything crashes and bashes around you. It is the bedrock of everybody’s life the world  over, so Mr Trump and Family,  enjoy the ride as Bill Clinton said he did, but do remember that it’s the Rosebud Time which is always the most precious.












No comments:

something for Putin 13th May 1917 to 13 May 2024 , ENOUGH STOP

Michael Casey <michaelgcasey@gmail.com> something for Putin 13th May 1917 to 13 May 2024 , ENOUGH STOP Michael Casey  <michaelgcase...