Thursday 3 November 2016

Hello Nice to Meet You



Hello Nice to Meet You ©
By Michael Casey

We all meet people and don’t know who they were in the first place, but we  are too polite to ask who they are. For example did you know there are many Michael Caseys, or even Michael G Caseys, so how do you tell the difference? Well I’m the fat silver haired one from Birmingham England though my family are Kerry folks, I am not the male model one who use to write for the New York Times, I am available to write in his place by the way. I’m not the monk either, I have a Shanghai wife and 2 bilingual  daughters and we have a female cat called Totoro. 

I’m even not the Irish guy who must be in the Irish Who’s Who for all his famous writing. No I’m just the fat guy in the silly photos. Like the ones attached to this piece. Or to make it easier for you I’m the George Clooney look alike, or the Welsh guy Hew who reads the news on the BBC.

You must be Tom, Dick or Harry, you are so common anyway, but it’s great to meet you anyway, who did you say you were? You are Tom, not Dick nor Harry and you are the Billionaire philanthropist, what exactly is a philanthropist? Can you pay for my parking ticket, those wardens are just bastards. And how do you know you are a Billionaire? The tax man is on your case every single day,  you spend thousands taking them to the best restaurants, and getting them tickets to Manchester United games, just so they cut your tax  be 0.5% Is it worth all the effort? To save 50million, it is.

And you are Jane, and what do you do? You are an exotic dancer and healer with your own UTube channel, and should I be impressed? You’re in all the newspapers all the time and you are on the Celebrity Tonight Channel on Sky 1234 and in addition to that you have more exposure than anybody in the world. But I’ve never heard of you, I only watch David Attenborough, so do you isn’t he great. Maybe one day he’ll sign his name across  your Tshirt, I think he wouldn’t have enough ink.

They say Kennedy when he met lots of people started to say Ham and Eggs and nobody noticed as the place was so busy, and the line to shake his hand was so long. So do we get any benefit from all these mass meetings, should we just stay home and watch it on tv? In the end it’s just Trump on his own in a room and Hillary on her own in another room, virtual reality greeting the masses. Though some will say Politics is Virtual Reality on its own.

He’s not as fat as he looks on tv, she’s so old in the flesh, his suits are really rubbish, and her shoes are just so bad, she should steal some from Theresa May, whoever Theresa May is.  It’s a  bit of a disappointment coming out in the cold and the rain to actually meet these folks.  I could have stayed home and watched the box set of House of Cards and Game of Thrones.  Who do these people think they are anyway?

If I could only meet an electrician or a plasterer or a gardener, now they are people really worth knowing, you know I’m telling the truth. They have a skill which is useful all the time not every Election time, in their own imagination.

 I did meet a guy called Chancy Gardinier  now he was a guy well worth meeting, he knew all about gardening and economics, and he could even walk on water.

















No comments:

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look

Well Hong Kong carries on reading me, maybe because its free, and JAPAN too is having a look SO If you have a Phd and are beautiful, you can...