Wednesday 1 June 2016

Don Camillo and Me



Don Camillo and Me ©

By Michael Casey

Just a quick note to say that I stumbled over a 1951 film of Don Camillo it was in English too, kind of made my day. My History teacher Mr Trout said take a look at the Don Camillo books so I did back in 1975 or so, I read them all. I reread them a few times. Before my Unplanned Quadruple heart bypass I read them again prior to the actual op, my surgeon leader was a Prof. Pagano so it amused and impressed him when I showed him what I was reading. That was Jan 2015.  Today I watched Don Camillo on UTUBE I really enjoyed it, though the books are better. So can I point you all in the direction of Utube. I also got an email in Italian from Microsoft, so I google translated it and then decided to send them my idea of teaching English via humour. 40 stories with 40 facing page translations plus my audio. I have recorded 200 of my 740+ stories, you can hear 50 at www.michaelgcasey.typepad.com   SO if only I got microsoft as a backer, they could turn it into an App. Such is my dream, then I could move house and live happily ever after, so goes the theory anyway.

I also discovered that on 23rd May somebody read 110 pages of my comic novel The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker, on the Amazon read thing if you are a Prime person, I think. I hope they enjoyed it, please tel all your friends whoever you are. I think they got as far as when Patrick the Milkman was seduced by Carol Sampson a lawyer. Patrick in the end finds true love with the girl from the dog pound, who thinks he's gay. You'll have to read the book to discover the rest. It was the ending which is very dramatic that a film producer had a peek at, sadly he did not take it up. But its still available, I called it In Search of an Indian Princess.
If I get my hands on a legal secretary I'll write Tears for a Butcher the follow on novel, I could just sit and dictate it, the great dictator, which was Chaplin's famous film. Anyway goodnight to you all, and don't forget to pray for my health.

No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...