Sunday 7 April 2013

Malta Holiday

Today we started my 1st holiday in 5 years, or for 4 years for my girls, so I'm in a happy mood, though getting here was another story. You see I am scared of flying, scared of heights and even more afraid of being up in the air. The girls were all excited and had packed their bags 10 days ago, me I packed two days before and the wife the night before.
Its a nice holidays because we've missed a few holidays, as have millions of people, but its even nicer as the wife is paying. I have promised the girls some pocket money and gave it to them before we flew. The alarms clocks all went off this morning, echoing not once but twice or even thrice over. Anni went down stairs at 5.15am and fixed breakfast for herself and Eve, then she left her phone on vibrate as they went up stair to change. The vibrations on the breakfast bar woke me up.
I had the last slice of bread as my breakfast with green tea, its supposed to be good for me, then I switched the gas and water off, as everybody should do, I can even remember my dad doing this 45 years ago, and no I'm not 100 years old, I just have total recall for family things, what I had for breakfst i won't remember, except for the toast   this morning.
The taxi was early and once we found the anchor points for the seat belts we were away. Once checked in we set off for breakfast, coffe and croisants. On the way to the bistro I sampled a few of the perfumes, so I must have smelt like a bit of a harlot once we got on the first plane. And yes I did say 1sy plane. We are lazy we don't want to gho down to London, so we fly from home in Birmingham and then change in Frankfurt to get us to Malta. Now I don't know about you but my priest will be pleased when I say I pray like a convery when I get on a plane. Please Jesus and Sweet Jesus are constant words of fear, and love on my lips.  On the plane I saif to the man sat next to me, "if I suddenly hold your hand then its because I afraid of planes" He laughed but when I grabbed his hand and held on for dear life, till blood poured from him, then he realised the truth. Once airbourne, my fear evaporated because food is coming my way. As for the stranger he rang to the toilet and never appeared again, would you?
The flight  to Franfurt is only an hour, but the airport is so big that you have to get on a bus to take you to the terminal, so its like a  school day out, then once inside you zig and you zag to get to the connecting flight. 2.30hours to Malta, with Eve asking "are we there  yet" copying donkey in Shrek. And reassuring me by saying " dad we won't die", my prayer rate must have broken Guinness Book of Records.God was pleased to hear from me, I'm sure he smiled, and lets hope I keep up my prayers, my constant prayers.
In Malta a nice taxi man took us to the hotel, a good 4star which we got on Expedia. Once we dumped the bags me and Annie went looking for the supermarket, which believe it or not is 3 floors underground, under the Hilton, yes really. We came back with bread can cheese and ham which was for sandwiches. JJ wanted Chinese food of course, so we went out and found a sushi bar, where she had beef soup. I had to buy some milk too, as a meal without milk is no good, we also got banana milk shake for the girls, though I ended up drinking most of it.
The it was shower time for the family, only I was last, so I got the manky towel and the cold water as tey must have emptied the tank, but what do you expect when you have 3 girls. But I had prayed that I'd be a better person during my flying prayers, so I accepted my cold shower. Now I'm down here writing this blog in Malta, so I hope you like it. I did lose my Facebook earlier but I'll try that again in a few minutes, FB knows I'm not in Birmingham, so  I'll see if I can post this to FB.
In the morning we'll have as much orange juice and bread as we can because its paid for, Malta doesn't seem to be as cheap as we thought it would be. I have to find as barbar as I look like an Old English Sheep Dog at the moment, I need a shave too, but at least God doesn't mind how I look, why, because we are talking, seriously talking again, so welcome home to Malta.

No comments:

HONG KONG pay me

HONG KONG pay me I see you reading avidly so buy a book on Amazon that way you can pay me a few pennies https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Mich...