Monday 14 January 2013

The Kids are Alright


The Kids are Alright ©

By Michael Casey

I took our smallest to school this morning, up the hill in the snow to the school. I had to be careful as I still had a few twinges left over from my back, my daughter walks ever so fast too. I blame my brother for the fast walk, 45 years ago he was 6feet 1 inch when he was 11 or it may have been 13, anyways in order for me to keep up with him I had to learn to walk  fast, very fast. The priest called him Don Quixote and I was Sancho Panza, the priest is now a bishop, so this lead to my daughters both learning to walk very fast, they inherited the walk from Sancho Panza.
A Chinese mum, a Shanghai mum is a very special thing, dangerous thing might be another way of calling it. Why? Because the East is very driven, as for the West, or even the South West, as in Cromane Lower County Kerry Eire is much more relaxed, but the Chinese side wants high scores at school. Me I just love them and encourage them to write stories and read loads, they can be the writers in the family in the next generation, not bad considering their granddad was a blacksmith. I think or girls could be illustrators too, such is the level of their drawings, as  700 crayons and pens will testify, though they would still like twice that number.
Now beauty is a nice thing to have and our girls have that too, thankfully they got the Shanghai genes and not the Birmingham ones, though they do have big eyebrows like me. Hair is such an important thing for girls, our girls have Chinese hair that is very very soft, they don’t have my silver/white hair, though my hair is soft too. And of course with two daughters like that, we call them our pigs or our animals, judging the state of their bedroom, it’s the correct term. It is of course the only way to call such treasures, as we don’t want them looking in the mirror all the time, and ending up as vacuous WAGs. Our youngest has a great sense of humour, my wife thinks it was her dad making her laugh while the baby was in the womb that caused this. We think she will be like Helen Bonham Carter, so beautiful but always wanting to dress up ugly, she did dress up like Jacqueline Wilson and it was a perfect transformation.
As for the other one she is getting so tall, she’ll be 5 10 when she is 16, or perhaps she’ll be a basketball star. We have to barter with each other to see who gets time on the family computer. This is what you get when you have kids, and I thank God for them, as for me  the wife calls me “the large sized person.”

No comments:

A Korean in BIRMINGHAM travelling. something to read for you books of mine in Korean

Humour Writing by the fat silver haired writer in shades from Birmingham England read in 162 countries so far https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micha...