Thursday, 10 January 2013

Music Matters


Music Matters (c) by Michael Casey

Sir Simon Rattle has announced that he will leave as chief conductor of the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra after his contract expires in 2018. says BBC news. I once saw him conduct here in Birmingham, he wears slippers when he conducts. It took me a while to understand what a conductor does. Basically to use my daughter's favourite word, basically the conductor is trying to get the orchestra to produce the same sound as he has in his head, he's coaxing them to perfection. I then thnk any conductor dashes off and has a quick 3 pints of Stella before returning to applause and to do an encore. The celloists they have a battle to see if they can put each other off. The violinist looks a little bored and it trying to remember did he bring his washing in or out, and why does his white hair look so wild. And the audience is relieved that no more Bartok is being played, just MOZART thank God.


No comments:

6480 I was going to go to bed but arthritis kicked in. 180,000 clicks in September over the blogger sites ,so you all like my writing

6480 I was going to go to bed but arthritis kicked in so I ended up posted the 3 cousins stories in russian to russia via 8 mail and a messa...