Friday 28 September 2012


Philip Pullman Thank You

By michaelgcasey

Philip Pullman he was on the BBC news channel last night, but the video clip went wrong. He has his new book out, Grimm Tales for young and old, my daughters had heard of him, I have to admit I had not. Next time David Cameron comes around our house for tennis I read some to David so he can pop up the road to Waterstones to get a copy for his own kids. Or he could get the Chief Whip to get it, he has a big basket on his bike, perfect for fetching books for kids. The more I think of it the better the idea seems, just send the chief whip out to get books for kids, and a 1 litre bottle of Baileys for the WPC  he was nasty to. Perfect.
Now I ordered my copy of Grimm Tales for Young and Old last night, I then ordered a copy of the Grimm brothers collection. It’ll be 1200 pages combined. I did the look inside on Amazon this morning and whoosh I was back over 40 years when I last read a book of Fairy Tales. I read the Golden Bird, and it was great. It’s on a par with when I reread Don Camillo after decades, yes that good. I’m going to hide them from my daughters until I have read them all, they are both like vacuum cleaners as far as reading goes. Its like a Birthday/Christmas present for myself. So forgive my ignorance of you Philip Pullman, I looked at 4 Tales too on the Amazon look inside. I will encourage people, young and old to read your stuff. That’s when I’m not playing tennis with David Cameron, I live on Magna Carta Road.



No comments:

Lady Gaga and Me , but really about TRUMP

Saturday 3 February 2018 Lady Gaga and Me I had to get up in the night for an hour due to pain.  I've just read about Gaga  having to ca...