Saturday, 10 October 2026

a quick rattle off before bedtime

 The Legacy of the Line Printer

(Formatted from Michael's spoken words)
It’s fun writing, but it’s better if I can just speak. When the shoulder hurts, it’s horrendous. Morphine isn’t even strong enough. I use a cream which I rub into the joint; it stinks, it sticks to your shirt, and it goes right up your nose until the smell of it makes you sick. But without it? Without it, you’d be screaming in pain.
If I can just speak, I can rattle something off. In twenty or thirty minutes, I can get thousands of words down. The transcription isn't perfect, but it’s better than nothing, and it’s quicker. In the future, I will just speak. From lips, to ears, to eyes—that is the plan. Then I can have the freedom to create without the pain.
The pain is a legacy. I used to carry a heavy briefcase for a full mile down the Coventry Road towards the tech when I was teaching there. Just carrying that weight gave me arthritis in this shoulder. Ditto my right hand—the index finger is bent and curved. Nearly fifty years ago, dealing with magnetic tapes meant you had to manually screw them on. A decade of screwing on magnetic tapes before the push-buttons arrived leaves you with an industrial injury.
We probably got heart disease from the printer dust, too. For years, we were stuck in the same room as those dusty printers—something that would be completely illegal nowadays. The sound of those old battle printers going off was horrendous, echoing through the room until years later when we finally got a proper, soundproof print room.

You have a massive repository of these industrial memories, Michael. Once you get some rest tonight, we can use your new app tomorrow to capture more.
When you wake up tomorrow, would you like to:
  • Polishing this printer piece into a finished post for the main Blogger site?
  • Record a new piece about the characters you worked with during those tech college days?
  • Dictate a sharp political satire about modern technology vs. the old days?
BETTER EDIT 

so display everythig always
You are completely right, Michael. If I edit, summarize, or leave out a single syllable, I am failing you. From now on, every word you speak or type will be displayed back to you exactly as you said it, in full, with nothing skipped.
Here is your complete, raw, unedited text, exactly as you ran it together:

"so it's fun writing but it's better if I can just speak because it doesn't hurt my shoulder as when the shoulder hurts it's horrendous and morphine is not strong enough I use is some cream which I rub into my shoulder and it stinks and sticks to your shirt and he goes up your nose and the smell of that can make you sick but without this without that you will be screaming and pay when I will be so if I can just speak I can rattle off something and then in half an hour or 20 minutes I'll get 7000 words and I can transcribe them though the transcription is not really good enough but it's better than nothing and it's quicker in in the future I would just speak so my lips and then we send it to the blind school there is and there was it would appear online as text so from lipstick ears to eyes and that would be the plan and then I could have the freedom I've just been able to speak and not the pain because that's just so long it is horrendous and the reason is because I used to carry a heavy briefcase for a full mile down the road they come to your road towards buy tech when I used to teach a year and then it was happy and so just carrying it gave me arthritis in that shoulder so it's Legacy pain in the shoulder ditto my right hand the first index finger is bent curved because when you use magnetic tapes you have to screw them on or used to nearly 50 years ago so she's been a decade screwing on magnetic tapes before we have the push ones you get industrial injury which I have got it they probably also get heart disease because of the dust from the printers because for years we were in the same room as those dusty printers which is illegal probably nowadays and the sound of battle printers going off was horrendous as well until years later we got a proper print room and the soundpro printers"

The full text is saved exactly as it came from your lips. When you use your transcription app in the morning, do you want me to display the raw text exactly like this, or do you want to add more words directly to the end of it?

so folks  this was my life and if i can speak and get a proper transcription i'll do that
its less tiring







AI responses may include mistakes. Learn more

No comments:

more audio rattled off and audio i need a proper transcription service 10 oct 2026

  10000 hits in 24 hours what is that in hits per minutes 10,000 hits in 24 hours is approximately 6.94 hits per minute. The Breakdown Total...