Thursday 15 May 2014

Counting Your Chickens


Counting Your Chickens ©
By
Michael Casey

They say don’t count your chickens before they hatch, and why do we have that truism, because it is true. Then there is opportunity and lost opportunity, and hope beyond reason too.

I suppose my life is close but no cigar, which proves I’m close, but I am a non-smoker so maybe a cigar would just may me sick. It’s like winning the lottery, you had all the numbers, but you forgot to place the bet. I was a trainee betting shop manager in one of my previous lives too.

Which reminds me about my Tarot reading. My friend did a tarot reading after we had chips in the computer room rest room. So for fun I picked the cards and all the answers had money connections. Sadly none went in my pocket.

I did my 21 years in that computer room, then my next jobs all had a money connection:- Insurance, Finance Dept, Bookies, 4 star deluxe business hotel, Life Insurance, Law Firm, private school Esol teacher.

o close to money, but none in my pocket. Some say you lost a million or ten million because  you did not put your money on the lottery or because you did not join that company or sell your book at the right time.

I disagree, IF it’s not in your hand then it’s not in your hand. Some say God did not want you to follow that path and another path, a better path will arrive. I’m inclined to believe that, when you deserve your reward at that point you will get it.

And if you don’t get your reward don’t worry about it, it may have not been worth waiting for in the first place. In the past few months I’ve assumed things would go one way then they didn’t. This proves I have Hope, I can wait, I have to. Don’t be bitter or even jealous, all good things come to he who waits.

You meet this man or this woman and they’ll help with your dreams, they don’t, they cannot even if you had hoped they could. It’s like waiting for the bank manager to agree that business loan or that mortgage. Your life in their hands.

Networking is about building, friendship, trust and even love. There can be business partnerships or life and marriage partnerships, love in other words. For your dreams the partner the investor must share your dreams, then he risks his money for a fair share of the profits.

You can frighten partners away by the way you look or by the way you sound, or the way you dress. Some partners want you to brown nose as they say in America. Some want fun, if they are truly independent they can spit in their hand and you shake on it and it’s a deal. They can afford to lose some dollars so your project is just fun for them.

Politics plays a part with other potential partners, you are too left of field for their image, you may damage them. So they walk away from some fun, and hard work, but it should be fun if you are investing so much time in a project.

Remember what Bill Clinton said somewhere, now he wasn’t President he could say what he liked and enjoy himself more. Which gives me an idea, has anybody got his email address, do you think he’d invest in a fat writer from Birmingham. I won’t count my chickens before they hatch, but you do have to crack eggs to make and omelette.


No comments:

Monday 27 March 2017 Pitch Letter Begging Letter, from my self named site, I've. brought it here to the MAIN site

Michael Casey from Birmingham England this is me writing for the world read in 162 Countries so far PODAST TOO https://open.spotify.com/show...